MindArk's marketing campaigns begin - Entropia Facebook app online

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by Tass, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Thaks alot for the update. I was just wondering what to do about it. :cautious:

2. Hi,

To my knowledge they have reduced the number of "no-looters", at the expense of a littler smaller common loot. Right?

This is welcome, but doesn't change the fact that it's easily possible to finish a run with about 20% return. And this is what I'm pointing to.

What I meant is what I wrote in the linked post:
    Else, I fully agree to what Tass wrote. EU in it's current form will have a hard time feeding MA + all the Planet Partner companies.

The target audience is much too small, and the high emphasis to gambling doesn't help at all. Atm it's in the niche "Gambling in an MMO", that's a unique selling point, for sure. But how many people will be attracted by this?

This is where I see the main problem.

Have fun!

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Wow! Can't say I agree with all that and there are more constructive (if less succinct) ways of making such remarks but fair enough. Its quite refreshing though to have a mod slagging off the developer. Can think of a lot of forums from the past where people would get censored for speaking their mind like this.

Power to the Free Speech! :D

Wistrel

4. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Southern Fortress Engineering

While your final question is a fair one Tass, I think care needs to be taken throwing around the term "ponzi scheme". It's one hell of a harsh thing to be accused of and in this case as far as I can see, MindArk isn't even in the remotest of ballparks of being anything like that. Rewarding people for loyalty and bringing business is something that plenty of businesses do all the time.

Giving a spotter's fee is about as much like a ponzi scheme as a restaurant giving its favourite customer a discount.

5. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Hi,

A quick note from me that I edited Tass's post earlier in the thread. Specifically, I removed the bit where he compared EU to gambling.

I would like to make it clear that the post made by Tass was made on a personal note, and that it reflects his opinion, not that of EntropiaPlanets.com.

6. Just curious is that against the rules on EP? I'm not a big fan of censorship.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I'm 100% certain the rules are for EP staff only and not forum members. Forum members can talk how they like.

• Like Like x 2
  8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

George is absolutely right. This applies only to our staff, and is done in order to protect the interests of the Planet Partners.

There have been no changes to the rules, and this will not change a single thing for our members.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I see I had a feeling it had something to do with planet partners.
    Thanks for the quick response George/Admin~~

10. Tass

Tass Administrator

I agree.

As far as I understand the Facebook App is merely designed as a marketing tool encouraging current players to engage in P2P marketing and be rewared for their efforts with "special In-Game items".

While the whole program is of course not a ponzi scheme itself it still has this method in common with ponzi schemes ("a kind of ponzi scheme component"). I wouldn't compare EU or anything related to it to ponzi schemes either but I regularly read in not EU-related media that people call EU a ponzi scheme.

Using methods that in any way encourage this wrong opinion of EU might not be the best idea considering there are more than enough other ways to market EU.

That's what I wanted to point out.

Oh, btw, looks like they removed all the features of the apps. Only the "Join" remains.

11. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Master Of Entropia

if no one else say it I will:
    Facebook sucks monkey balls and every app on facebook suck too :poop:

12. Tass

Tass Administrator

They have changed it after it was discovered.

The menu bar at top contained much more items:

[​IMG]

13. Tass

Tass Administrator

Tell her to come here where the questions are.

14. I invited her/him :)

15. Calin

Calin Due for an Ultra-Uber Loot.

I really wish they'd stop using the free to play phrase. Grrrrr!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bump for historic reasons, did anyone ever get any prizes and does someone know the exact "shutdown date" ?

17. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

No and no sorry I can't be of more help. I didn't get levelled enough for prizes anyhow

18. I unlocked a TP chip...or...whatever...never got a reply anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.