MindArk's marketing campaigns begin - Entropia Facebook app online

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by Tass, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Tass

Tass Administrator

MindArk's marketing guru Bjorn -ever caring tremendously for great relationships with all the community websites- released the following information earlier today:

Thank you very much Bjorn! Your efforts to keep the community informed and cooperations with all the community websites are really appreciated.

In addition to this news we would like to inform you that the Entropia Facebook app based on Socialtype Bamboo went online but obviously is not completely ready yet. You can access it, maybe even join the Entropia League of Planets and become an Entropia Emissary following this link:

http://apps.facebook.com/entropiauniverse/?ref=EntropiaPlanets.com

A slightly different version is to be found following this link:

http://apps.facebook.com/entropiauniversetest/?ref=EntropiaPlanets.com

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Seems you need a personal access code :(

3. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

The keyword ads work very well. I have seen the results personally with a website I was involved with and within a short period of time, the amount of incoming people to the site was lifted 10 fold. The next few months it grew steadly, and continued over the next couple of years. This resulted in an increase of buisness that took the owners of the site by surprise. Happy surprise!! :thumbup:

If the interest in Entropia could grow by even half this much, I would think it to be a rousing success!! :geek:

4. Tass

Tass Administrator

Side note: the "?ref=EntropiaPlanets.com" part is something I made up.

What I think could be a little issue with the facebook app is the fact that it adds a kind of ponzi scheme component while EU doesn't have the best reputation in the 'gaming scene' and is regularly referred to as Ponzi scheme already.

It's theoretically a call for the usual suspects to engage in spamming other people in hope for rewards worth PED.

I mean... if you didn't mention EU to your friends yet why you should start it now all of a sudden? Because of a gamified marketing tool in form of a facebook app.

Let's see what it will bring.

5. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

You can click the little grey Join Now thingy at the bottom and it will disappear

6. lol yeah figured that out :)

7. RAZER

Well it took me a while before I figured it out, but you seem to be much faster then me.
    Oh and this answers the question where I found that images to I guess :)

8. Well if you play any game in Facebook you will be familiar with spamming your friends in order to complete a quest or get some kind of reward. That is why most ppl on Facebook have lots of friends :) I don't see much difference in this case if it works the same way.

9. LOL yeah figured that part too, but then the next question would be.....how did Tass find these Facebook sites :)

10. RAZER

That's the magic of us EP staff members. By now you should know we find stuff way before other people do or want it to be found :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tass

Tass Administrator

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oh great, Mindark is still billing it as a "free-to-play" game. Prepare for sweat to drop by another 50%.

13. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

i'm still getting the visitor join thing popping up each time a change a page and unlike your last pic Razer, i don't get the profile pic in the left top corner, even though i'm logged into facebook at the time....any tips? What is this personal code thingo?

14. Hi,

appreciate that MA has decided to do anything at all finally, but doubt they'll earn much from this expense. The system as it is will repel the new try-outs as quickly as they come.

I wrote a loooong (as usual ;-) ) post in CyreneForum about exactly this, the not faint of heart among you might want to read: Click me.

In short:

MA has a problem keeping new players. The current setup is very restrictive, and will quickly repel new players because of a high chance to loose their initial deposit in a very short time, and because of very few possibilities for new players to do anything in this "RCE" without spending a lot of money.

The most important thing to keep new players would be to create an environment where they'd be able to dwell for a while, without dropping insane money. Less gambling, more real RCE. IMHO.

Have fun!

15. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Intresting you say that. It seems that's what they are trying to improve. They seem to have changed hunting loot to be less variable.

They've mentioned the delay in direct advertiusing is because they want to get the new player experience right.

If they do manage to improve the game for new players. That would be a good time then to go all out on advertising...

As to this facebook thing. Hmm not sure about this. It seems they are going to give some kind of rewards to players who bring in more players. It could work but raises many problems e.g. make the reward to much and you'll have people making dummy accounts just to collect reward. Make it too small people may not be intrested at all.

16. Tass

Tass Administrator

Imo the EU of the past and present was/is to a large extent 'sponsored' by people for whom one motivation of playing EU is the excitement in the chance of getting a huge loot, the rare item, something really valuabe. Many of them spending multiple times the common 15$/months for something that cannot compete at all with many of the other MMOs you can get for the common/15$.

This situation needs to be changed radically because this kind of players are not able to feed MA + the developers of 7 planets. It's a fatal misconception that mulitplying the scenery and pile of pixels to shoot at will multiply this kind of playerbase because the vast majority simply does care little about what pile of pixels they shot at in what scenery. With maybe a few exceptions people that don't play/gamble the current planets won't play/gamble other planets either.

What is needed is another kind of EU.

The changes cannot be limited to slightly increasing the so-called 'return rate' or the volatility in loot. The excitement, the hope that the next mob will drop something valuable is currently probably the major factor that drives EU. Restricting this factor must go along with massively increasing diversity and quality of gameplay. EU needs to get on eye level with critically acclaimed and succesful other games to reach more potential customers.

And let's face it, compared to many other games...

...the quest system is rubbish
    ...the skill system is rubbish
    ...instances are rubbish
    ...combat systems is rubbish
    ...story is rubbish (on most planets)
    ...challenge-reward loops are rubbish
    ...avatar progress is rubbish
    ...teamplay in general is rubbish
    ...guild/society system is rubbish

In general after almost 5 years of development with CE2 the current status of EU is rubbish compared to what others achieve in the same time.

That's what needs to be addressed. There's need of an EU that can compete with other games when it comes to value for money, not in 3 years but NOW.

As long as this has not changed any marketing campaign is sub-optimal. First impression does a lot and you never have a second chance to leave a frist impression.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Problem is Mindark's brain is filled with rubbish too....

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hey,

Sorry to chip in here but I am one for marketing but forgive my ignorance but I cannot understand anything here as it asks me to join every time I move over to another page.

I can understand everything besides the person access code.​
    Now I know this has been asked a few times but can someone either mention it again or just PM instruction to become part of this.​
    Anything to help the economy at this stage :)​

19. RAZER

Hey Syer, that Facebook page is still a work in progress and not meant to be launched.
    The Join screen shows up for me to every time, so I guess that is still a thing that needs some work, also the access code is something we do not have yet, but I guess that it is there to keep people from making a large amount of accounts to collect items/prizes when it will be launched.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.