Mind Bank in January?

Discussion in 'MindArk' started by LeeYap, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Antother interesting "Ad" sorry if i missed someone elses post.

I have highlighted a few lines.

Make way, Zambian kwacha. There's a hot new exotic currency on the market, only it's not from any country on earthat least not one in the material world. This currency is called the Project Entropia Dollar (PED) and it's used to buy and sell goods on the planet Calypso, in an online gaming world called Entropia Universe.
    The PED is among a growing number of alternative currencies changing hands in virtual worlds, social networks, and other Web sites eager to make it easier for users to spend money and carry out other transactions while online. "We'll try to make the link between real and virtual world as close as possible," says Hans Andersson, who in March was granted a license from the Swedish government to open Mind Bank, which will exchange Swedish kronor for PEDs. The game's 1 million users now buy and sell land, minerals, and tools by depositing U.S. dollars or Swedish kronor directly into the game. Once Mind Bank opens in January, users will be able to link real-world checking and savings accounts to the virtual world. Eventually they'll be able to take out PED loans.

Full Article

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/may2009/tc2009055_070595.htm

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Looks like the CP sale has raised the amount of player from 800.000 to 1 million :evil:.

Am interested to see what this "opening of the MindBank" mens for us players

3. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

the story is from May 2009.

4. Wow! 1 Million users way back then.

So it's from May 2009, Hans Andersson says it opens in January. And since he happens to be the holder of the licence he should know, no matter what the date, I would think.

It's January, just thought I'd mention it.

5. He has give or take about 90days to launch the bank or forfeit the license unless they try and get a extension

6. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

and i would think we'd hear something by now, half way through January. that might have been the intention back then, but its looking unlikely right now. hardly the first time MA have underestimated the time to delivery.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.