Planet Arkadia: Meet the Riptor, treasure hunting and other Arkadia news

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by NotAdmin, May 21, 2012.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

The Planet Arkadia Facebook site has a nice little update about a new MOB they included in the May 29th update: The Riptor. Arkadia CEO, David Dobson shared with us that the update will be the biggest update for Arkadia so far.

Riptor.png

Here's the description on the Riptor, coming straight from Facebook page:

Dobson describes the Riptor as a mid-level MOB, and judging by the description above, it's a fast little bugger that is bound to be a nice challenge for Arkadia pioneers.

Other news from the Arkadia front is that the May 29th update also will finally see the highly anticipated Treasure Hunting system that is exclusive to Planet Arkadia come to Entropia Universe, so dust off the Indiana Jones outfit, be sure to reread the Arkadia history and lore, and get ready for releasing the inner Archaeologist in you!

Lastly, this Friday, May 25th, marks Arkadia's one-year anniversary, and EntropiaPlanets managed to get David to commit to a small little piece we will don on the frontpage, where he might release some further tips of the update-veil. Oh, and if everybody behaves, we might have another little surprise for you ;)

Attached Files:

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Good thing I always behave myself ;)

3. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I wonder if it's regen rate is maxed ;)

4. Puck

Puck Puck

Should be a ript-roaring update. :jacklad1: Thanks for always cover all that is EU!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Sweeeeeet!! :thumbup: Looks like my visit to Caly will be cut short!! :biggrin:

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Cool looks like a fun mob. Be ininteresting to see if treasure hunting will be anything more than a more expensive form of mining or not.

7. Hi,

Definitely! I always have hoped for a fast, highly aggressive mob to spice up hunting and mining - such has a high fun factor. I only hope it wouldn't have too much HP, and too high regen - it should be a consistent threat, but not a real danger, else it would be a sheer nuisance.
    An example for such a mob would be the young Atrax (or the merp) on Calypso.

And - as it looks, it might have beautiful hides!

Very curious about this! After all this time, this should better be a killer feature. Have no real idea what to expect - it could be anything.
    It will be another form of mining, this much seems to be certain. But what will it be that we'll find, what use will it have, questions over questions!

Exiting times for Arkadia, can't wait for the VU. If the Arkadia team keeps it's quality level this could be something awesome - if MA would only once perform sufficiently, and not deliver the well known suboptimal crap. Let's hope the best.

Have a good time!

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Well its interesting cause "another form of mining", at least with mining having already "been simplified" and incorporating the treasure option doesn't really strike me as being a unique feature or addition. It strikes me that more a mining type that costs more and gives out different things could just be a adaption of the current system.

Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised... but I won't hold my breath.

Wistrel

PS Still, if its a such a big new update maybe I will go to Arkadia next... not been yet at all.

9. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

10. Hi,

Mining has "been simplified" in that you don't need different finders, bombs, extractors and refiners anymore - I'd not exactly call this a heavy loss.
    Contrarily, now I need only to buy one good finder, one good extractor, one good refiner anymore and I can switch my goals easily during a mining run. In my book simplifications like such only remove old, outdated restrictions.
    Mining hasn't become easier because of this, just a lot of old hassle has been removed. IMHO. Nothing has really changed, just the tools to use.

For the treasure hunting, we'll have to wait for what we will find. For sure, it shares the same mechanics as usual ore or enmat mining, but the result of the activity could make the difference.

We could awake hidden monsters from the ground. We could find stuff that's needed to open instances. We could stumble upon age old artifacts used in another new profession. It could be anything!

As long as it wouldn't just mean to mine another kind of crafting supplies there's a lot of potential, IMHO. But would it be like this, I'd be majorly disappointed - nobody really needs such. I'm quite confident that the Arkadia team has more to offer, though.

Exciting times! Next deposit ready to go, after quite long time. Let's hope the best!

And have a good time!

PS: I feel that a change like this (if done well) could be more beneficial than any Ad Campaign. Would Treasure hunting add a new challenging layer to the game a lot of the old gone accounts could be be reactivated.
    And this would be mostly people that have deposited before, and would deposit again. And wouldn't run in rage at the next nerf, they'd be accustomed to such.
    Whereas new players are usually running quickly, as soon as they discover that all MA PR was a plain lie, and that "free to play" in this game means a grind beyond all imagination, and to be pariah for all times.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  11. What I got from it, and I'm way off since MA will not make any money off it, is that it's just a form of search and find treasures or a modified version of stones/fruit/dung droppings.

But then again.. since you need to use the mining equipment, I'm guessing the system is setup to add new type of items to mining's loot pool in that any item including land deeds can be found.

Or even cooler is the system is setup to give out all items from deactivated accounts. Now this would need a new system and would be really cool idea.

I'm hoping it's the first or last guess (or both).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.