is the tracker still downloadable?

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by sherpa, Aug 20, 2010.

1. can anyone please tell me how i can download the tracker, have tryed looking on the forum put i cant find it.......thanks

2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Hey,

At this moment, the tracker client is no longer offered by EntropiaPlanets. A new client might be announced at some point, but at this very moment, I cannot possibly guestimate an ETA for it.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

3. You want to code another tracker from scratch? Good luck, you'll need it... i would have a counter proposal tho, kind of a prior claim to EP, before i offer my tracker publically over on EF...

4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Perhaps you ought to try the EF way....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah, i'm fed up with the unprofessional way you handle things, naive from me to think you'd be interested in the future of your forum...

but you'Re clearly not - we both know that neither you nor your "tech crew" are able to code a working tracker,
    so why do you lie to your members here and pretend that there "might be a client announced at some point"??

Face it, it's yet another eyewash, something you pretend to make people ignore the fact that you don't have what it takes to run a forum...
    I mean, c'mon, you can't even fix something so simple as the layout issues i mentioned in the other thread - not w/o help....

6. narfi

narfi Lost

Check out Matthew 7:3

I know that religion isn't to be discussed here, but I am just referencing some words of wisdom not the religion behind it.

narfi

• Like Like x 1
  7. narfi

narfi Lost

In all honesty I would prefer that ep worked out an arrangement to work with ET than any other options I have seen presented. Esp with the recent enhancements that he has been working on it would be fun to see some of his work integrated here.

narfi

8. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

that's interesting Narfi and kind suits the situation perfectly

9. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

I agree ...

10. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

you could try offering it on EF, along with a dozen others that have no interest because ET has become the defacto standard. its a shame things worked ou the way they did with the relationships and tracker here. but let face it, there were flaws with it anyway, so many dupes and missed. it probably best a fresh start was made.

11. Goreon

Goreon May the HOF be with you!

Agreed, would be cool to have ET integrated here...

At one point I thought of writing a tracker, but tbh, ET always done the job and has now got approval from MA with some nice new features... why re-invent it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Purely for the sake of discussion, I myself have written a tracker and it worked, though it did not have a fully functional OCR as our master-coder here promised to introduce, but seeing as he's banned and not going to develop this any further, I can conclude that there always is a 'back-up' plan.

It's quite a punch in the guts, being underestimated by random people who know so little about you, but heck, he's the one that's banned now, purely for his attitude. I won't deny it, he was knowledgeable at times, but there were also times in-which I decided to silently endure his crap-talk in areas he clearly had zero understanding of. Dare I say 'good riddance'? - people with lousy attitudes are much worse then people who maintain their own style of programming which could sometimes use some improvements.

Sigh.

13. Well I just read this thread and frankly say good riddance. No matter his skills; acting like that is unprofessional. Sometimes you need to start from scratch so you don't get in a bind trying to fix stuff all the time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.