I can not get this game to work at all

Discussion in 'Technical, security and bug reports' started by ctaylor76, Jan 10, 2010.

1. as title says... i have tried everything.. deleting files from programs, redownloading the files and starting new installs.. downloading all the other updates for windows xp... the c++ thing, i have 4-5 different icons on my desktop that i have DLed, and no luck.. what is a computer dummy like me doing wrong? i have tried to follow (ALL) the links for help geting this game to run with no luck. I keep geting the win32 thing when i hit launch button. it doesnt download any updates on that screen as well. i even goto the top left corner and click file, shows all kinds of files i didnt get or are bad. Can anyone help me or tell me an easy way to make this game work.. MY computer can most def handle this game.

thanks in advance.

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

3. thanks , ill give it a shot

4. that did not work either.. i deleted thye old and DLed it again to reinstall... why in the hell are they making this install so difficult to use? what in the hell am i doing wrong here? everything i have on winxp is up to date. not sure why none of this is working.

5. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

did you download the latest full install on the bottom of post #6 of the link I gave you?

Also give us some more info, what kind of error message do you get?

I assume you did a de-install and not just deleted the game folder, right??

6. A friend of mind had the same problem.

Not sure exactly what order you've done all the above.

But what he did that worked was:

Uninstalled both the 2005 and 2008 C++ then uninstall EU.

Then reboot, re-install 2008 C++, reinstall EU.

Make sure you're running XP as admin also. :)

GL hope you get it running. Nothing more frustrating than problems installing what should be a breeze. :)

7. i dont have a uninstall option anywhere, so i have no choice but to delete the files. i have 5 icons on my desktop that i down loaded. EU install, planet calypso client loader , update 10.3--2 diff patchs on same files here, EU 10.6.4.39182_setup. <--- when i run this setup , it says its not a win32 app. and when i run the update with the 2 patchs in it, says theres no software yet. if i delete all the files and reinstall it will try to DL the current patch but then i get an error missing all kinds of files... so if someone can give me a list of what i need to do exactly, again i have no un-install option that i can find lol...i can get this game to work. thanks for the help so far fellas :)

8. Forget the patches, they don't help you when you need a ful installation.

The 10.6.4.39182_setup is the file you need, but obviously a lot of people have trouble downloading it, it seems to abort somewhere in between and windows doesn't notice that properly and thinks the file is complete.

When you try to run that file, windows notices that it's not complete and throws a error.

This file should be 3.0 GB in size, if it's smaller it's broken.

I recommend the following:

• Delete/Uninstall everything related to Entropia Universe (including folders)
    • Install the trial version of GetRight (just google for "GetRight")
    • Download the 10.6.4.39182_setup.exe with GetRight
    • Install it
    Let us know if it worked.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ok this worked like a champ!!! now i just need to get a account going, but im not geting any conformation emails lol.. im assuming my password would be my email ?

10. The confirmation mail may take a bit, at least thats what people have reported - i'm can't really remember how it worked as i made my account, but i'm pretty sure you have to wait for the confirmation mail before you can proceed. :)

If you don't receive the confirmation mail within 24 hours you should contact mindark support.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sweet! :)

Good job Wizz! :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.