How about a 'Todays Posts' link in the main menu?

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by narfi, Oct 28, 2011.

1. narfi

narfi Lost

After me and a couple others complained about it since they started their forum, Arkadia added one yesterday.

Could we get the same thing here?

I really don't like that recent posts are hidden even when I have read them.

This would leave 'whats new' functionality you have now untouched, but give people like me who want to see everything the option to view it how they want.

thanks,

narfi

• Like Like x 1
  2. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Good idea :thumbup:

3. Tass

Tass Administrator

If I understand correctly I would say what you are asking for is available already and a functionality of "What's new".

If you click "What's new" you get a list of threads with new posts that you have not read yet already, those you have read already are not listed. The lists also contains a seperating line saying "Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages.", actually quite convenient.

What you want is probably the "All recent messages" functionality. It's available via link on the right above the frame displaying the list of threads and displays all threads with new posts, no matter whether you have read them or not. Direct link: All recent messages

Is it that?

Maybe this link can be moved in the menu and maybe renamed. Or maybe the functionality can be reversed, What's new = All, and a link saying "Show only unread" or something.

whatsnew.jpg

4. narfi

narfi Lost

Correct, I want what you would get by hitting "all recent messages" available from all pages, not just if you hit whats new and then that button. I dont want it to be a two step process, It should be available from anywhere on the forum even from reading a thread.

narfi

5. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

That sounds easy enough... I'll see what I can do with that :)

6. narfi

narfi Lost

narfi

7. I haven't used the "What's New" feature since I saw the "Recent Active Threads" on the front page. The only problem with it is when I click on another page it stays on the current one.

Attached Files:

8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Implemented!

I could not reproduce this. What browser are you using?

9. Tass

Tass Administrator

That does change the news article above it not the threads list below it. ;)

10. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I can't find it. How do I use this new feature? where is it?

11. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

It's actually not really new. I merely added a "Recent Activity" option to the menu under the Forums:

12. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

ok so we have to select forums first gotcha

13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I changed my mind a little. I actually added another link now:

EP_Recent_Activity.png

"What's New" - Shows you threads with activity since your last visit. Threads you have seen already are not included in that search.

"All Recent Messages" - Shows you all recent messages posted, including those you might have seen already. This is typically found by clicking "What's New", and then selecting "All Recent Messages", but for the sake of user friendliness, this has been made available under the Forums tab so you can achieve the same with a single click.

"Recent Activity" - This is a collection of all updates taking place on the forum, including blog-replies, status changes, and more. Tis is normally available under the "Members" tab, but it's quite hidden there, so I figured I would add it to the Forums-menu as well while I was working on it anyway:

EP_Recent_Activity2.png

14. You are correct! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.