Heads up: Some minor downtime tomorrow morning

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by NotAdmin, Sep 7, 2010.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Tomorrow morning (September 8th), the forum will be taken down for a bit while I upgrade it to the latest vBulletin version. I expect the total downtime not to last longer than 1-2 hours.

The new release solves a number of bugs, and enables us to unlock some new exciting potential. I played around with it before, but unfortunately there were some issues with it, that were solved in the new version.

I'll bring the board back up ASAP, after testing the new functionality. Once the tests have been satisfying, I'll create an announcement on it. I'm thoroughly thrilled by what we potentially might be able to accomplish from tomorrow on forward, and I have confidence that you'll be equally thrilled when it is announced.

Stay tuned....

2. Thanks for the heads up :alcohol:

3. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

eh you still drinking :bigsmile:

4. Well no one has told me to stop yet :nana:

5. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

... stop ...

:nana:

6. Oh bugger, can I stop when I go to bed? then I promise to stop for a few hrs :alcohol:

7. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

STOP... in the name of love ...before you break my heart STOP ... ehh.. nvm

8. :whistle:omg pmsl that is so bad :laugh: ( well that didnt work so you can have this > :lolup: instead) Thank you ;)

9. safara

safara Pamwe Chete

You want bad - here is Bad

"Stop. Collaborate and LISTEN, VF is back with a brand new Version. Something. Got broken in the last one, will it ever stop........."

and so on.....

Oh and will it fix the Post Reply button at the bottom of a thread? The one at the top of a thread works - but the one at the bottom does not for me......

10. Ok Safara thinks he is 'Vanilla Ice'

But it works for me.... think its a silly FF thing... they never get it right :nana:

11. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

What is FF?

12. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I have no clue, to be honest. But if it is any consellation, that's a known vB4 problem :(

We'll know in a little while, though :)

FireFox.

13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Maintenance has finished. I'm still in the middle of testing the new functionality.

14. kalanen

kalanen roadkill

Me too. This post serves no other purpose... :P

15. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

If this is the new version; the reply button is still broken :/

16. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Khaos, what browser are you using, exactly?

I used both IE8 and FF, and had no issues with either.

17. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

I use the latest version of FF.
    It's not completely broken, you can only click on the very top of it.

18. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Maybe we're talking about different reply buttons? Could you take a screenshot of where you encounter this problem, please?

19. safara

safara Pamwe Chete

The post reply button at the bottom of the page can be fixed in FF by changing the CSS to read as follows:

from
    .postlistfoot{display:block;width:100%;height:2em;clear:both;position:relative}

to
    .postlistfoot{display:block;width:80px;height:50px;clear:both;position:relative;float:left;}

In the showthread-rollup.css file

20. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

I was talking about this:

View attachment 181

Red is the button.
    Yellow is where I can click.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.