Guide to Noobie Markup trends for each planet

Discussion in 'Guides and help' started by narfi, Jul 18, 2013.

1. narfi

narfi Lost

The most difficult part for any player starting in this game is understanding the need to treat the game like an economics simulator instead of a typical MMO.

Once you have made that realization and know that you need to target resources and loot with markup you can sell to compensate for your losses, you still have the long road of figuring out how, where, when, etc...

Let us collect the more obvious options for each planet and input what we know and hopefully people from each planet will step up and help fill in the gaps for their planets as well.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. narfi

narfi Lost

Reserved if needed.

Please help me fill in the info for each planet :)

3. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Master Of Entropia

Arkadia Hunting
    Yellow paint from Feran and Hadraada (and other mobs) MU was like 300-400% (also mission mobs)
    Carabok hide was expensive too (can be hunted with opalo and no armor) (also mission mob)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. narfi

narfi Lost

Thanks added it to the list, any idea what carabok hide MU is?

Also added Bananas and zombie missions for rocktropia.

5. narfi

narfi Lost

Added, thanks for the help :)

6. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Master Of Entropia

Carabok hide is 200% weekly

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. narfi

narfi Lost

Added, thanks :)

Still looking for info on NI and Cyrene as well as more details on Calypso.

8. August 2014 update for Arkadia
    Hunting:
    Carabok hides still have good MU but it is around 135-140%, not a very common drop
    Halix are great to hunt:
    -around half of the viceroy components drop from them (soft hide, electronic stabilizing component, animal oil residue, miluca lumber, blazer/nova fragment, green paint, socket 1 component, animal hide, animal muscle oil, wool, explosive projectiles)
    -halix hides sell for MU, though it is lower than carabok (~110%?)
    -halix tails sell for 3000+% MU and are rare drops (I have gone 500 kills without a tail)
    -mission rewards (good skills, but those skill gains don't count towards mentor goal, take what you can get!)

Mining (ores):
    Two good low depth ores with good MU are lidacon and wenrex.
    -Lidacon is on the island that contains sanctuary cove, no monsters spawn on north shore of island, though I believe it is found anywhere on the island. Sells for 135-140%MU
    -Wenrex has always been good MU but has climbed of late, selling in the 250-350%MU range. Check mininglog.com for good drop locations; I tend to prefer the arctic (other drops have okay MU) though it appears to be anywhere on the western side of the continent.

• Like Like x 1
  9. narfi

narfi Lost

Hey Ryloth :) thanks for the update.
    I have changed the format of the first post and it is now an embedded wiki page that is editable by anyone.
    If you would like to test it out, just right click on the appropriate edit link above and open in a new tab for editing, then save it :)

If you dont want to, I understand and will add your data when i get the chance. (you make a good test subject for making sure it works properly though ;)

thanks again,

narfi

10. Awesome, just updated the wiki at the top. Thanks for making that a wiki Narfi :)

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  11. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Looking good Ryloth !
    We are still working on that wiki page a bit and are going to split it up for each planet. That will make it possible to have a section about Arkadia in the Arkadia section of the forum and one about Calypso in the Calypso section. Not much will change on this page, so you are very welcome to add anything that comes to mind.

12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Just a note, I think any registered forum members can update the wiki direct? So get stuck in folks (if I am right about that)

13. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

...and even none registered people can edit the wiki, they will get a capcha though before they can save a page.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.