Estates on the wiki

Discussion in 'EntropiaPlanets Wiki' started by Tass, Feb 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. - 13

- FLOOR 00 (BASEMENT)

Noticed something ODD in the floor zero.

See 41 seconds in. Booth 2 says it's in Epsilon Tower, but it's really in Delta Tower?

I think he upgraded that booth with the upgrade option... Just another glitch from Mindark I guess? Not sure if it's worth

reporting in support ticket. Just darn odd.

2. - 7

3. Tass

Tass Administrator

Alrighty, Peter fixed a couple of issues today. We can now display wiki generated image maps in forums posts.

Image map=there are regions in the image that give further info when hovering them and that also link to wiki pages.

Example:

4. Tass

Tass Administrator

Working on the form now.

Questions:

What value can "Access" have?
    - Public
    - ???

What values can "Restricted Access" have?
    - No
    - ???

What values can "Item trade available" have?
    - No
    - Yes
    More?

What values can "Additional area" have?
    - No
    - ???

Shops & Residences share the same parameters, correct? Shops have "Item trade available" = Yes, Residences have "Item trade available" = No, that's the only difference?

EDIT: Forgot to mention: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Omegaton_Delta_Complex

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  5. Public and Private. If it's private, other avatars cannot enter unless they hold deed. I think it those on guest list might be able to enter if it's private too, but have not tested it.

No/Yes I believe. You have to set a place to restricted in order to sell it. It's sort of a way MA forces you to not leave shopkeepers, boxes, etc. in the place before you drop in auction, etc. I think you can actually sell places with furniture in it though... Basically non-restricted is a way to keep you from accidentally selling a place I think. You have to go to the estate to change the setting.

Item trade available means the place is a booth/shop - i.e. you can sell stuff that's 'dropped' in the estate. I don't think shopkeepers affect the yes/no setting but am not 100% sure on that since I don't own a shopkeeper at the moment to test it.

I'm guessing this is yes/no value to. I have absolutely no idea what additional area is since I've never held a deed that had an additional area. Might be something to send to Mindark in a support ticket to ask though....? It might have to do with LAs or something? ... but the sheds on LAs have their own deeds, so maybe it's not for that?...?!?

Yes. As far as I know that's the only difference between a shop/apartment. I'll have to get some screen prints from my deeds to see if there's any other unique little parameters on there or something. I don't think there is but will double check sometime this weekend and get some screen prints together or another little video.

Will have to check it out after posting this post. :) ;)

a few other odds and ends - not sure if you want it in the wiki or not...

Shopkeepers eat 6 slots but give you back 20 inside of them. Shopkeepers decay 10 pec per sale I think. (It used to decay any time you put items in them or took them out even if they didn't sell, but not any more).. The number of item slots becomes important due to upgrade costs vs shopkeeper costs, etc. It's very important to know that sk eats 6 slots since most booths/display areas are only 10 slots... that means you can only fit 1 sk on a display area/booth UNLESS it's upgraded... booth upgrade option existed the first few months upgrade option existed at all but later they removed that option and just let upgrades be on shops/apartments but NOT on booths... a few did go for the upgrades in that time, which is why some booths on Calypso do have more than 10 slots in total. Cost on upgrades was +20 slots for 2k ped I think... up to a max of 3 upgrades, i.e. +60 slots for 6k per estate.

For historic purposes, here's the old rent fees that I'm aware of on shops. I can't remember the rent fee on apartments, but think it was like 12 ped per month for most apartments.:
    [​IMG]

As far as item points go... it varies place to place due to the upgrade option and the default layout of places. One of the reasons I bought the place at Omegaton when I did was back then, when rent still existed, the price/slot ratios seemed most logical way out there... but honestly, sales are slower than I'd like since foot traffic is so low most of the time at places like this that the folks new to the game don't have as default tps (even if they all hang out a hop and a skip away over at Neas, lol).

The above cost estimates were from back when I bought my place and a little after, maybe around 2009 or 2008 or so?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  6. Tass

Tass Administrator

Added options accordingly.

Buggy, ugly, incomplete first development version of the form for adding/editing estates available now: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Portal:Entropia_Universe_Real_Estate

Please use it for testing only. Before mass adding estates we need to define how estates pages should look like.

Newly added estates will appear on the same page. EDIT: and just added a forum feed for newly added estates to post #1.

7. ok went in game and did some more recording...
    Additional display area refers to booths. Booths get the funky red lines around them when you visualize. The visualize command doesn't seem to work on shops and apartments (I think it does really but the 'red line' is kind of hidden in walls?)...

Estate area on booths tells the square footage in the red zone of the visualize I think. I don't own an LA so don't have a deed for them, but you might check with someone that does and see if that shows on LA deed. I suspect it does.

When you change restricted/public setting you have to hit submit for the system to take it. I'm not sure if private setting doesn't let other avatars on a booth's 'additional area' or not. I do know private settings in shops/apartments won't let other avatars go inside (well assuming glitches aren't happening since in some rare cases you can still slide by the borders of the doors, etc., or used to be able to, but it was fairly little difficult/visual glitch to pull off I think)

Inside of shops and apartments is 'indoors' stat.

Display area is stat for hallways or 'displays' like the outside area of shops in apartment basement shops or in hallways in malls.

Position is x/y coordinates for the estate terminals. This is located on the deed itself, not in the terminals.

Restriction date, I think is date that the estate was last restricted. It displays as 'Access Unrestricted' on my booth's deed, so not sure if booths work the same way as other estates in this regard?

As far as historical info goes... The 'holder' language vs the 'owner' language was changed quite a while back but I'm not sure on the actual date. I think what I and a few others posted about the second life lawsuit about ownership in game and some posts in pcf caused Mindark to change that on estate deeds, and later they did the same thing with clds eventually. I'm not sure on the exact dates, but the regular deeds changed probably in 2009 or 2010 or so I think and the clds sometime after they
    first came out...

Compare what they look like in the videos and in the clds you hold at the moment to these screen shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, the freebie bandicam I'm using cuts me off after 10 minutes... So I'll post a couple of recordings of my own estates at the in the next post on this thread... this will include the deed stats window as well as estate terminal stuff too so you can compare/contrast various settings and stuff.

Booths - not sure if they should have their own section or not... They used to be unique in that they were the only estates that were 'shops' but didn't have rent. Still kinda irritating to think how they screwed over booth owners by removing the booth's one advantage and not compensating them in any way...

Back in the ancient days of Hadeshiem there's rumor that at one time some booth owners who had buggy booths back then were compensated with a free shopkeeper... but the only post I've ever seen about that in my 'compensation notes' is really from a questionable source a little as it doesn't talk directly about it....

(will list compensation notes in a couple more posts down)

8. The following videos show the stats of the terminals/deeds for my own estates. There's a shop, a booth, 4 apartments. I think the stats work the same on mall shops, etc. just different stats for them on location, etc.

- first 10 minutes
    - last apartment

The display areas with max at zero had items in there had items put in the display before Mindark decided that items shouldn't go in to hallways... The hallways used to count as item points on the inside of apartments. Only later did the change it so that hallways in apartments were considered display areas with a max item point count of zero. I'm not sure when exactly that happened but I'm pretty sure it was sometime after vu 10... maybe around vu 12 or so? I know it really pissed me off when they did that because I had some really cool stuff in the hallways of some of my apartments, but once I picked them up I couldn't put them back there in the same spot they used to be since max was now zero.

There's been a few other oddball things that changed over the years... L-quent sideboard used to be able to be used to 'float' items in midair as you could put stuff on top, then later remove the l-quent, which left the items floating in mid air.

Nowadays, this type of glitch still exists, but it's moved to a different way of handling furniture. I think it has to do with the way game engines make a copy of everything on screen in a back buffer... Sometimes the game engine will 'remember' the stuff from the back buffer but it isn't really there... this creates a weird ghosting thing going on where something is in two places at once - both where it was before place command and where it was after... so in some cases, certain furniture items that were placed or picked up still are visible on screen since back buffer didn't update with new location so now you have front buffer and back buffer saying two different things, or maybe it's not back/front buffer but server/client remembering two different things... I found out about that glitch on accident one day when moving stuff around in my apartment. I sort of used the glitch a little to re-arrange things to float in some of my apartments like the strobe room. I think some ninja glitchers that do sky rooms and stuff use the same type of glitches all the time. I'm pretty sure some of the bugs that cause the glitch have dissappeared, but sometimes they crop back up from time to time. I don't think using the glitch is really an 'exploit' since it's not really giving any type of financial gain or whatever... it's simply using the buggy ass system that Mindark provided and never tested enough to figure out this stuff themselves since we all are now their unpaid beta testers in so many various ways... probably revealing too much about glitches here already, lol. I consider the glitches as something you just have to see as a plus side to a buggy ass system.. I still feel the hallway nerf was uncalled for, but it makes since since some huge furniture pieces can go through walls and block neighbor's hallways, etc.

9. Compensation notes..

Some of this is WAY off of topic of estates, but not really since booth holders were never 'compensated' enough in myopinion for the nerf done when rent was removed... They were compensated for loss of function of booth as a shop area after vu 10 when Mindark kept making the booths work/not work for many months, but that was a minimal compensation (small stack of welding wire - don't remember the tt value but it wasn't much for completely making the estates nonfunctional for many, many months). Compensation notes are also here in case you want to do a wiki entry on them by themself sometime since I'm sure these are not the only examples of various forms of compensation given, just the few that I personally have found in internet searches, forums, etc.

(compensations notes are also here in case tamers want to take them to Mindark in support tickets, etc. as proof that others have been compensated in the past for Mindark's screw ups on items/assets players held but couldn't use much because of Mindark's screwy developers not doing their job properly, etc.)

PE EXCHANGE BUYBACK:
    http://www.entropedia.info/Info.aspx?chart=VU&id=18
    ==========================
    SHOPKEEPER COMPENSATION TO HADES BOOTH OWNERS (not sure if this one is rumor?)
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...opkeepers-5k&p=1514504&viewfull=1#post1514504
    ==============================
    PERSONAL REVIVAL BUYBACK
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?15104-Removal-of-Personal-Revival-

Terminals&p=169797&viewfull=1#post169797
    ========================
    A FEW VARIOUS OTHER BUYBACKS/COMPENSATION
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...ot-Any-irregularities-found-will-be-adjusted-

quot&p=2751790&viewfull=1#post2751790

========================
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...djusted-quot&p=2751890&viewfull=1#post2751890

05-26-2011, 15:58#13
    chevrons

=======================

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...pport-Update&p=1342051&viewfull=1#post1342051

======================================

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...o-all-Tamers&p=2945552&viewfull=1#post2945552 - link with some of these notes linked in there...
    ===========
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...ers-forgoten&p=2165656&viewfull=1#post2165656 - one of several links about the booth problems after vu 10

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...ers-forgoten&p=2166285&viewfull=1#post2166285 - the post in there where Justin from Mindark made a promise to 'upgrade' booths, something that NEVER happened.
    =====================

10. Just recorded every floor of Omegaton West Habitat Epsilon Building. Uploading to Youtube right now. Will post links when they are up.

11. Tass

Tass Administrator

12. Tass

Tass Administrator

13. good proposal. Not sure on what a height value would do though, and not sure what 'instance' is to mean? A pulldown to floor number might work... but every building has a different number of floors?... Continent column might not hurt too? only other thing I can think of might be an upgraded yes/no

For the most part, it looks like a pretty good template.

14. Tass

Tass Administrator

Height as in 'elevation', the 3rd parameter you get when pressing P. Instance=beacon locations, crib raids, arkadian instances.

There are some parameters that might not make much sense. They are just in because the same template is used for all kinds of location like spawns, NPCs, etc. We can hide those in queries related to estates.

I'll add floor number and maybe "Building"?.

Another thing just added is the "Set active" button in the right side box (http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Estate:Omegaton_Delta_Complex,_1A). Clicking it adds the current date. Should be an easy way to mark an estate as "active". As a result we can display listings of active shops and such.

15. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Maybe add a property to indicate whether the estate has a balcony?

16. Tass

Tass Administrator

Hm, what about those with a rooftop? "Large windows to the south"? Number of rooms? "Level access for mobility-impaired"? Maybe an "Estate features" property would be a solution?

Now who dares to push the "Set active" button at top of the right-side box on http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Estate:Omegaton_Delta_Complex,_1A ??? Common, don't be shy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.