EntropiaTimes Magazine December 2010 - Will you order?

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by Lykke TheNun, Nov 11, 2010.

Will you order the printed version of EntropiaTimes magazine December 2010?

Poll closed Dec 9, 2010.
  1. Yes, I plan to order the printed version of EntropiaTimes Magazine

50.0%
  2. I might order the printed version of EntropiaTimes Magazine

19.2%
  3. I will stick to the online version of EntropiaTimes Magazine

30.8%
  1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

[​IMG]

Hey Entropians,

The release of the first EntropiaTimes Online Magazine September 2010 was a big success - and even bigger was the printed version of the magazine, which we were offering.

Soon the next issue of EntropiaTimes will be released (12th of December 2010), with a huge ROCKtropia theme, but also other Entropia-related interviews and articles. Our Media Team is working like crazy to create some awesome interviews for you guys - and I'm working on the layouts including a few other surprises ;)

Last time we optimistically offered the magazine for the amount of $15 USD including shipping. Unfortunately, the magazine itself showed to be more expensive to print than estimated because of the thicker quality paper used, the huge amount of nice colored pages and the small number of magazines printed.

We wanted the price to be set, so the cost for the magazine was paid since we do not have any intentions of earning on the sale. However, the costs to make it and ship it was more than the price of $15 USD, which means we paid the rest from own pockets. We have no problems having done this for the first magazine, because we had to try it out - we didn't know what to expect either (order wise) - and it was ALL worth it :)

We do have to set up the price to $18 USD instead of $15 USD next time to make sure all printing/shipping costs are paid - and we hope this will not scare you away from ordering the next issue. :)

----------------------

Will you order?

I need to inform our printer guy about the amount of magazines we might print next time - and in good time too, because December is a very busy month.

This is why I made this poll, to get an idea of how many Entropians are planning on ordering the next printed Issue - or who might plan on ordering.

The poll is public - and I hope that is fine. The reason is, that this thread will be posted on all Planet Partner forums, and I wish to make sure I don't calculate the same person 3 times. ;)

Your vote is NOT AN ORDER AND NOT BINDING YOU TO BUY THE MAGAZINE. It's only to get an idea of how many printed versions we might have to order.

----------------------

How DO you order?

If you already know that you would like to order a printed version of EntropiaTimes, and you want to make sure you get the printed version, I am accepting bookings now.

A final order though is made when the magazine is paid for, and it won't be registered as a final order before this happens.

The payment methods are (with the one we prefer most at the top):
    • PayPal - $18 USD (admin@entropiaplanets.com)
    • Donation through EP forum (also Paypal) - click "Forum" - then "Buy us a Beer" (in green)
    • (NOT preferred, but possible if nothing else is available - because the printer doesn't accept PED) - In game through our shopping booth at Omegaton Epsilon building, Booth #5. We will place ME for 180 PED to pay for the magazine (The easiest way to reach it is by taking the TP to Omegaton West, running south to the service center, and from there, running Southeast to the Epsilon building. If you enter there, the booth is the first booth on the right. Coordinates: 25630 / 37445).
    The price includes shipping - we deliver world wide.

If you want to reserve a copy of the magazine now:
    1. Send me a PM or Email to lykke@entropiaplanets.com with the shipping address, along with payment method.
    2. Pay one way or another.
    3. We will register and confirm the order when the payment is received.
    We would like to send out the magazine before Christmas if possible. This means, that the deadline for orders of the printed version is December the 12th (the online release date) at the very very latest.

---------------

The Magazine for December 2010

To let you know a little of what to expect in the next magazine, here's a list of some of the headlines: :)
    • Exclusive interview with NEVERDIE about ROCKtropia
    • Society Spotlight with a controversial Society on ROCKtropia - ROCK STARS
    • City Focus
    • Newcomers on ROCKtropia
    • Exclusive Interview with Ed Robles 3rd - Planet Cyrene
    • How to become a Planet Partner - as told by David Dobson, Planet Arkadia
    • Exclusive Interview with John K. Bates - MindArk
    • New Star Constellations ... what happens to Marco in December?
    • Xmas Gift Ideas ... and a contest!
    • And lots lots more ...
    ---------------

REMEMBER the online version of the Magazine is always free and can be seen in 2 different online versions at www.entropiatimes.com

The PDF version is a normal PDF file. To view it as a magazine go to your PDF viewer Menu Bar and choose:
    View -> Page Display-> Two-up -> show cover pages during two-up.

This way you will be able to see it as a magazine.

The other version is an interactive version - which will allow you to turn pages as if you're reading a real magazine. We hope to be able to improve this tool at some point, but the online versions are too expensive at this moment.

---------------

Advertising

You still have time to buy advertising space in the magazine. If you're interested, PM or Email me for details :)

Thank You :)

Lykke

----------------------

This information will also later be posted on:

www.NEVERDIE.com
    www.NextIslandLife.com
    www.ArkadiaForum.com
    www.EU-Chronicle.com
    www.PlanetCalypsoForum.com

2. Lykke TheNun

3. you should put your facebook public. In this way also who has not an account can check it (or maybe i m totally wrong, dunno)

4. Lykke TheNun

I believe it is? :)

5. safara

safara Pamwe Chete

RC already voted so silly for me to vote as well, but yes we will be buying a copy :)

Unless I am going to buy a copy for Aged Aunt Mildred for Christmas.....

6. Im sure she would love it :alcohol:

Do we need to re submit details or just pay?

7. Lykke TheNun

Fun part would be to explain to her, what's on the pages :D

I still have all details from last time, so payment only is fine :) thanks

8. Force Majeure

Force Majeure ROCK STAR

I VOTED 1000% YES! OI lYKKE :p

I ON CALYPSO ATM WITH DAISY INCURSION TRAING - I BE SURE TO SWING BY OMEGATION TO PER PAY - BEFORE HEAD BACK TO ROCKtropia <(^.^,)>

cilck to view DASIY @ WORK THIS MORNING :P

Jedi
    Force Majeure

9. Kay Jones

Kay Jones who?

can you see it if you're not logged in? there should be some option to allow viewing by non-members

10. sadly, i belive you wrong dude
    :-P

11. Ordered... ;p

12. I treasure my copy of the one and only Issue of the Entropia. I wish i could afford to get the printed version of but money is a little too tight right now for me. But i think 18$ is a steal for a nice piece of what will later be history and a collectors item.

Have you guys talked to MA about making it available ingame like the old Entropian Magazine?

13. Lykke TheNun

hmm thats' weird? I put all settings to be seen by everyone ... ? :headscratch:

14. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

You still got my details Lykke?

I'll pay up once the bills are sorted this week...and i'll do that when the power comes back on.... as i haven't got the bank info stuff on my laptop :(

15. Lykke TheNun

Yes, I still have all details from the people, who ordered, last time :)

Otherwise - when you pay with Paypall, please write the details there (Full name, shipping adress + ingame name ;) )

Thanks ^^

16. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

Wilco Bosslady ;)

17. the paypal methods can be a nice option

18. Force Majeure

Force Majeure ROCK STAR

Oi Ubahbabe Lykke,

you may want to replenish the Omegaton Booth #5 - being i just grabed 5 copies of the dec mag, and sent you an e-mail confirming my shipping address & method of payment - ALL TOO EASY -

Jedi
    Force Majeure

19. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

yep will order one for sure !

20. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

moneys sent via paypal. If possible try and keep the price below 10 uk pounds though for future issues.... ideally rather keep paying to read a hard copy but I have to draw the line somewhere.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.