EntropiaPlanets presents: FaceBook integration

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by NotAdmin, Sep 8, 2010.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

The announced feature from yesterday has arrived, albeit not quite as I hoped for.

For those of you with FaceBook accounts, you can now link your EntropiaPlanets account to your FaceBook account by using the FaceBook Connect button at the top of the forum. You will be asked to confirm that you agree to let our login application connect to your account, and that's pretty much it.

From then on should you end up logged out of the EntropiaPlanets account, you can still authenticate here if you use the FaceBook login. Even cooler is that people who have not yet signed up for the forum can now do so with a couple of simple clicks from their FaceBook accounts.

Once you have this set up, it is then possible to "like" a thread here on the forum, which will end up showing up on your FaceBook wall.

The only thing I have yet to get to work is to get the FaceBook functionality to work where you can automatically have new threads you post here, and/or new replies you make here be bumped to your wall as well. I've been frantically trying to get that to work, but none of the usual suggestions worked. We're not the only ones facing this, though, so hopefully the vBulletin guys will solve this soon :)

I've also spent some time fixing a few bugs and open issues.

2. This is fun. I fully expect hate mail to reach my facebook account now. Thats cool though. Write on my own personal space at your own peril, detractors!!!! :-)

• Like Like x 1
  3. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

You're a funny dude :D

You know what they say about self-fulfilling prophecy, ya? :p

Hey, you're an edgy guy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. ;)

4. safara

safara Pamwe Chete

Silly Face book

5. *whistles*

Dont mind me. Im just fishin'

[​IMG]

6. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Magyar ... you expecting a whopper ... or just a fishtail? :D

7. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

In the meantime, I was informed that the trouble we see with the FaceBook integration will be solved in 4.1, whenever that decides to drop by.

8. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

If you get the functionality working, which posts stuff automatically, will we be able to turn this off?

9. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

When you post a reply or new thread, there's a checkbox at the bottom asking if you want to push it to FaceBook. It's off by default, so no worries ;)

10. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

Ok, thanks for the info ;)

11. While I can see It's perks and positive aspects of it.

I've always been somewhat against the complete integration that Facebook is getting all over the intrawebz!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.