EntropiaPlanets and EntropiaBay present: Resource ticker

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by NotAdmin, Oct 12, 2010.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Back in the old days of myTwoPecs, that site offered the possibility to display a "ticker" that showed the current trends in markup value of resources.

We are proud to offer you this functionality once again, but this time serving data from our friends at EntropiaBay.com who have a splendid markup tracking tool called Auction Data.

I just finished work on a new feature on our forum that pulls data from AuctionData once every 30 minutes, and then reworks it into a ticker. You can see it in action by clicking on the Forums tab, and scrolling almost all the way down. For the time being, that is the only place the ticker is shown, but I am planning on exploring further options of serving it.

The way it works is that we pull in the markup value, and the trend. The trend supplied is calculated by EntropiaBay, and at times, due to no sales being made, might show 0. In any case, if the trend shows an increase in markup, the markup will be green and accompanied by a little happy green arrow pointing up. If the trend is downward, the markup is in red, and a dissappointed arrow points down. In case no trend data was found, the markup will just be gray, and no icons will be displayed.

As you're used from us by now, the individual resources are linked to our EntropiaPlanets Wiki. Not all resources have their own pages yet, so should you come across one that seems rather empty, feel free to add some data :) Our local Wiki Gurus RAZER and Tass will be more than happy to assist you.

Your feedback to this new feature is of course more than welcome. If you have specific requests on where you would like to see this data displayed, I'm very open to suggestions :)

Please enjoy, and once again, thanks to the team at EntropiaBay for providing their data :)

2. This was very great actually. In effect the whole AuctionData database is free for all. This is a good example to how to use it. And yes, when i created this tool i was thinking about the glorious MYtwoPecs...dead since 2008 :-(.
    AuctionData is just one of the many tools present in EntropiaBay, the youngest one is our Inventory Calculator/compare, a shocking new feature for all the Entropia players.
    This EntropiaBay/EntropiaPlanets collaboration is just a start. In effect we share the commun vison to create features users orientated. We think that informations and tools and freedom are central for each entropia players. From players to players. Keep in touch, more is coming.
    DC

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.