Entropia News: Entropia-Universe-Ending-Support-for-Windows-XP

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Entropia Universe Ending Support for Windows XP

As previously announced in May, Entropia Universe will soon no longer run on Windows XP machines. In order to ensure an appropriate level of account security for our customers, MindArk has decided to discontinue support for Windows XP and older operating systems starting in Q4 of 2017.

Account security is MindArk’s highest priority. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping to keep Entropia Universe safe and secure for all participants. We urge any Entropia Universe participants still using Windows XP or older versions of Windows to upgrade their operating systems within the next several months.

This change will also allow the implementation of a platform update that many Entropians have requested: DirectX 11 support. This is a long-awaited upgrade in technology that will enable MindArk to further improve the Entropia Universe graphical engine. We promise that Entropia soon will be possible to experience in the form we always have dreamed of, Virtual Reality.

Stay tuned for more information.

Klas Moreau
    CEO MindArk

Source

2. Will I need to upgrade to a super fast PC to run VR?

Also, how soon is 'soon'?

I'm saving up for a new bathroom so hopefully it's MindArks's version of 'soon' not everyone else's.

3. When DX11 arrives at EU, it will already be outdated (DX11). Promised.

When DX11 arrives at EU, the supported, by then already outdated hardware, will be cheap(er).

Seriously, there are by far better worlds ready to be explored in VR, then this glitchy and blocky thing called Entropia...and for sure you will be able to play EU without VR...should it arive one day.

4. Yeah I was sort of 'living it out in my mind' how fantastic EU VR would be and went all FOMO for a minute or two.

Thank you for the reality check McCormick.

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I'm not really sure why they are on about VR, they need to move off dx9 as a matter of urgency. It is so old now... Also they really should try and get Entropia migrated to a more up to date version of CryEngine. It was improved efficiency wise so much between 2 and 3. If they don't move they'll just drop behind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.