Entropia VU News: Entropia Universe 14.9 Release Notes

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Aug 12, 2014.

1. General:

Improved client stability.

Introducing: Creature Control System.

It is now possible to take the role of a ferocious creature and start hunting other avatars!
    So how do you do this?
    By consuming a Creature Control Capsule you can transform into a creature and gain it’s abilities, this will lock most of your regular actions and instead open up a new Creature Control Interface.
    While in creature form you can harm other avatars even in safe zones, but they can also harm you.
    The duration of the transformation is controlled by a timer, however it is possible to extend the time using the "Add time" feature.

Additional information:

• Creature Controlled Capsules can be found in creature loot.
    • While in creature form you are anonymous, i.e. other avatars can not see your Avatar identity
    • Planet specific creature capsules can only be used on corresponding planets.
    • Dying in creature form will end the transformation and send you to nearest revive terminal.
    • You cannot swim and will drown while in creature form, but you are free of fall damage.
    • Creatures need clear open area to be able to spawn, bigger the creature, bigger area.
    • Defense turrets can not harm you in creature form.
    • A new Hall of Fame section has been added to cover the top Creature Control players.
    • When dying as a creature the avatar will be transported to closest revive terminal

Beginners guide web page:
    http://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/beginners-guide/creature-control-system/

Features

A Private Message (PM) notification on the main chat window. Different settings for the PM notification can be set in the Options panels HUD section.

Adjustments

Increased summoning mining claim to 100 meters range to make it easier for those who cannot reach their claims.

Bug Fixes

• Passengers should no longer be able to spawn with “Arrival Safe” protection after a Privater/Mothership has been destroyed
    • Some coloring and material customizing where they replaced model material has now been fixed
    • Fixed some issues with avatar animation transition
    • Fixed an issue where the chat still could freeze if team names had special characters
    • Effect over time should now be displayed correctly in the Auction
    • Various small bug fixes.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Source

----

Further info:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  2. Get scanning folks :wink:
    Wlecome to MindArk's MMO-RCE Entropia Universe.
    May you too experience the impact involvement has on your entertainment/fun.

I was going to leave this next one for McC to post ... though in his absence. :tongue (2):

Disclaimer: I take back the above comments if anything has changed in the PED-cost vs skill rate of scanning in any of the scanning professions - Robot & Mutant ... Not sure if there are human/sentient control mobs ....
    Other than the usual humans in powerful positions that MinDark is able to control in its organisation. :biggrin1:

As being one of the top contenders to achieve the award of recognition for "the most expensive and slowest skills to skill naturally" in the Entropia Universe.

Never the less, have fun!

36znnh1xeup4m5z6w7459fvewigsdww.jpeg

I feel a 14.9.1 coming on, decay on scanners has .... Oops!
    The same mindset and space from which MinDark continues to operate from.
    For those who do not understand what this post is about, see the attached, be happily amused ....
    and enjoy to the extent you can this age of oppression within Entropia Universe, good luck!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  3. Toulan Genie

Toulan Genie Guest

General:
    Improved client stability.
    Introducing: Creature Control System.
    It is now possible to take the role of a ferocious creature and start hunting other avatars!
    So how do you do this?
    By consuming a Creature Control Capsule you can transform into a creature and gain it’s abilities, this will lock most of your regular actions and instead open up a new Creature Control Interface.
    While in creature form you can harm other avatars even in safe zones, but they can also harm you.
    The duration of the transformation is controlled by a timer, however it is possible to extend the time using the "Add time" feature.

Additional information:

• Creature Controlled Capsules can be found in creature loot.
    • While in creature form you are anonymous, i.e. other avatars can not see your Avatar identity
    • Planet specific creature capsules can only be used on corresponding planets.
    • Dying in creature form will end the transformation and send you to nearest revive terminal.
    • You cannot swim and will drown while in creature form, but you are free of fall damage.
    • Creatures need clear open area to be able to spawn, bigger the creature, bigger area.
    • Defense turrets can not harm you in creature form.
    • A new Hall of Fame section has been added to cover the top Creature Control players.
    • When dying as a creature the avatar will be transported to closest revive terminal

Beginners guide web page:
    http://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/beginners-guide/creature-control-system/

Features

A Private Message (PM) notification on the main chat window. Different settings for the PM notification can be set in the Options panels HUD section.
    Adjustments

Increased summoning mining claim to 100 meters range to make it easier for those who cannot reach their claims.

Bug Fixes

• Passengers should no longer be able to spawn with “Arrival Safe” protection after a Privater/Mothership has been destroyed
    • Some coloring and material customizing where they replaced model material has now been fixed
    • Fixed an issue where the chat still could freeze if team names had special characters
    • Effect over time should now be displayed correctly in the Auction
    • Various small bug fixes.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Continue reading...

4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

However ... I was not able to land on Toulan yesterday. I forgot about the trick ... Bye bye Toulan ...

5. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

There is a trick? I never had issues landing there.

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

To be fair.... big bulks are kinda high level mobs to control so it sort of makes sense it would be for those with higher skills since they are finally putting a point to scanning now, so it seems. Yes appreciate its a slow one though... maybe they can address that now there is a point to addressing it.

Anyhow what I was going to say was, given:
    • You cannot swim and will drown while in creature form after being submerged for 10 seconds.
    I guess that means no Rippersnappering unsuspecting avatars ;)

Wistrel

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Interesting... I think that was one of mine... I wonder if they fixed or simple removed... will go look see.

What trick is this about Toulan? I've been tempted to go there but not quite done it yet. Sorta on a bit of "trying to tidy (ie complete)" some missions on Calypso.

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

So..... first impressions of the CCS... so far... none...

Logged in last night went to auction, tried to see if I could see any pills on sale. Nada that I could find. Checked the way of seeing every possible item in game and still couldn't see them.... It did occur to me that they are maybe too numerous to be listed individually on auction so that may not happen. Looking at the screen shot'ed example it looks like we will have different pills for each mob and maturity. I like the idea (at least initially anyhow) that it is linked to scanning skills. It would be cool if somehow there was either some feedback (ie extra skills gained for doing the inhabiting) or that it linked into the fabled taming skills when that allegedly returns. Tempted to start scanning again although may have to avoid mutants so as not to loose my profession display of "Green Mutant Investigator" - Have you seen any green mutants round here? No? ok well let me know if you do, I'm investigating them.

I really hope they are not putting TOO high a price on "fun". They've marked it as "fun" and indeed I agree it does sound like it will be fun but I don't enjoy fun when it costs me 1 CLD per 15 mins or something ;)

Wistrel

PS more updates to follow as and when I see interesting things

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Random question though... WHY couldn't MA have told us it would be linked to scanning skills? Seriously I mean what possible negative effect on the economy would that have? As far as I can see, people would have just gone on massive scanning sprees hence generating decay revenue for MA. Some people may have done some chipping but that would have been a very small minority. Most people wouldn't have done anything with the knowledge.

It is sad that that ONE question that is raised time and time again, decade after decade (probably) is "Why don't MA tell us things?"

10. Tass

Tass Administrator

And maybe it should have been mentioned that obviously Creature Control Capsules have not been added to loot yet... to prevent players burning their monthly budget within a few hours while trying to get a chance to use a feature that is not yet usable...

11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Anyhow 2nd update on the CCS hot from the Rookie channel - seems so far it's SNAFU

[Rookie] [David GreatMan]: do all mobs drop creature pills?
    [Rookie] [Tomas T79x Hope]: so far it looks those not in loot
    [Rookie] [Wistrel Chianti]: Mean nothing looted pill wise yet?
    [Rookie] [Svarog] : it would be in the discoveries
    [Rookie] [Wistrel Chianti]: thats what I thought Svarog yeh... and didn't see it either

12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yup I'm confused too.... is this the fruits of the "zero testing initiative (ZeTI)" coming to bear again?

Maybe this is their way of telling us to GET SCANNING! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.