Entropia News Network??

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by nexus7, May 29, 2013.

1. Back in 2007 I used to belong to a soc' called Entropia News Network, abbreviation ENN. As the name of the soc' suggests, it was a serious effort to becoming a news-reporting society/initiative, and I was getting along with them very well; I had got to VP status... Anyway, unfortunately, just when things were starting to happen for us, their site got hacked - and so they became no more. This was a crying shame, because the soc' leader who I remember as something like 'Antoine Antonio Antoinette' put his 'all' into making ENN a success - needless to say that when this catastrophe happened, it must have had a very bad effect on him, as well as other members of ENN.
    ---
    The thing is, I've always wondered whatever happened to him and other members of ENN, so if anyone knows anything and could 'enlighten me', I would be most grateful... That's basically it

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

what was their URL ?

nevermind got it

3. The URL was entropianewsnetwork.com - and I have to add that this is not spamming EP, this is a genuine inquiry, ok...

4. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Brainstormers Official Brain Glue

ENN is dead. Long live ENN

ENN was formed in about March 2007 by Antoine. I joined in April 2007 or so. As you mentioned the site was hacked, and we moved to another web host but lost almost all the old files. The leader went inactive and after a lot of unpleasantness I sort of led a mutiny 6 months later and created Brainstormers. (Dave's advice - never play the game with your finger on the soc term after drinking a bottle of wine). There are some members in B/S with roots going back to ENN - most notably Larkin and a few others.

ENN was based on a great idea - to be an independent news source in game. There were plans to set up a writing academy and to work up a web site etc. But real life got in the way and we all got a bit older maybe.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. narfi

narfi Lost

NEVER!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

that's a myth or a lie, or maybe both

• Agree Agree x 1

7. Thanks for that, and yes, I remember now that Antoine moved the site to another host - but as you say, the old files were lost somehow, and I remember Larkin...

8. Bizarrick

Bizarrick Otherwise Engaged

Working for ENN is one of my fondest memories. I traveled into space to interview NEVERDIE (twice), got published in The Calypso Post several times, won a few photography competitions and started what was supposed to be a regular EU comic with Antoine.

ENN was a great idea but Antoine did a great mistake: hosting the website for free on a server managed by a not so responsible friend of his. After the files were lost, a small group of reporters and I struggled to keep afloat with new content, reuploading as much as we had backed up in our own computers.

Antoine basically disapeared from EU due to RL issues. I was the last VP who sank with the ship. I continued with my life and came back with a new account (deleted the old one out of spite).

Later, after many V.U.s, I became disenchanted with this milking machine of MA's and left for good. I just came here for ol' time's sake.

-Bork

• Informative Informative x 1

9. Yer, I remember him saying that he was having the site hosted for free. Maybe the server wasn't that secure and that's why it was hacked...

10. Larkin

Larkin Entropian Cinematographer Extraordinaire

Ahh the good old ENN days. Brings me back :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I often wonder how many have applied to join since the hack.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.