Planet Calypso News: EBN: Fort Incursion at Lahar Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by EP-Newsbot, Oct 13, 2016.

1. On October 14, 11:00 UTC a mass of robots will attack Fort Lahar, according to predictions from leading CDF military strategists.

The following mission briefing was announced by the CDF to prepare Colonists for the attack.

The robots are making tactical strikes against the Shield Generator Platforms that protect our forts. We must defend the SGPs!

After the SGPs have been secured Colonists must eliminate the Leader of the Incursion. This robot will undoubtedly be heavily armoured. Work together and concentrate your firepower!

Colonists surpassing activity thresholds will be rewarded for their contributions to the battle — so watch your personal contribution level!

The robots may disrupt our teleportation and revive terminal in order to displace Colonists outside the Fort area. If this happens, hurry back and continue attacking so we don't lose momentum!

Source

2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I might have been away for a while, but isn't this the exact same premise as literally 10 years ago?

"ZOMG, lots of MOBs will be spawned in x, go kill them!".

There have been a few more interesting quest stories over the years, but it always boiled down to "go kill MOB x in location y, and one of you mofos will get lucky".

Is there really nobody at MA who can think of ANYTHING that doesn't involve huge spawns and chance?

3. San

San

Like what? There is now gardening...

4. columbo 7.jpg

p.s.
    Gardening as well as tree harvesting was there in 1999/2000 already.
    Just saying.

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Well... ND made some fun interactive puzzles with the mission system in Hunt the Thing... that was imaginative... no one else ever did anything else interesting with the "state of the art" mission/event system.

6. San

San

I guess you mean B.C...

Sometimes I don't understand the allure of something, but what do I know of other people's motivations. I enjoy imagining to do things I can't do in rl, like shooting and slashing through the masses of government-controlled Orks I have to meet every day. Maybe, if it became the thing for them to just watch the grass grow on their screen, they'd leave the rest of us alone...

Does my fellow countryman know the early beginnings of the Perry Rhodan story? When they met the Arkonides, a far advanced space-faring civilization that became decadent through addiction to a video game... Conceived over 50 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  7. What I meant is, that Entropia is now based on reverse engineering, for some years now already.
    Mobs, items, systems etc. its all getting recycled from the old client loaders / beta times.

This does not have to be bad, but judging by the update cycles and their quality over the past years,
    I have a bad feeling for the future of gardening already.

But hey, what do I know, maybe gardening will be the most enjoyable feature of the future...for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I like the artwork in the video

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.