Donate towards Spin Rep Pitt?s legal fees

Discussion in 'Entropia Legal' started by EP-Newsbot, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Spin Rep Pitt and his friends have hired a lawyer to take care of their case, however legal council is very expensive and he is missing the funds to pay some of his bills.

We would like to make a public appeal for donations on their behalf, *they will be needing roughly 8000 PED to pay [...]

More...

2. That is the dumbest thing I ever heard. They all got enough peds to pay for it themselves even if means selling some skills...in fact..if Rilort is so fucking innocent he should chip out some skills and pay for it all.

End of Story

3. Wow, that's indeed shameless... most of those asked for donations can't even afford the scammed items - and those who can are not able to pay for a lawyer?

I'm speechless.

4. They have not asked for donations, we are asking for it on their behalf and have convinced them to let us do so as we believe the legal ramifications are important to the community at large.

We also encourage Rilort to donate all the PED that he has.

Lawyers are very expensive, and depending on what procedure is taken, it could easily cost more to retrieve the item then the item is actually worth.

If a legal precedent is made, it may make it easier and cheaper for people in the futur to retrieve stolen goods.

5. Norbert

Norbert Cartoon Head

Kiss my ass.

That is all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Norbert

Norbert Cartoon Head

Sorry but he loaned the stuff without collateral, this is just a bizarre request.

This whole thing makes me shout Stupid Feckers.

I am really sorry for the losses here and people must be devastated, but some really basic errors were made in this whole affair (collateral). I really do hope something gets sorted out, but to ask for financial help for his error of judgement i cannot do.

7. I'd like to point out that what you are offering is very nice of you but I would like to see some priorities from the involved people. Lets do this a theorethical way

Lets say someone stole 50k $ stuff from me and if I didnt have enough cash in rl accounts to pay for a lawyer I would sell some skills. I would strip myself before I would consider taking any donations from friends.

Anyway, easiest way is to charge Rilort for theft/assisting of theft and go from there. Easy win.

Nordia Law in Gothenburg is the best law firm I think right now in Sweden with some experience with MindArk so they should be a good consultation in this

8. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Very good initiative. +rep.

Good to see the community come together on something like this. Hopefully it will raise enough funds for this worthy cause and ultimately win the case. Which would indeed make it easier in future cases to lock up scammers. I love it. Give the scammers hell :spank:

9. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

i have to say i find it quite offensive that a group with $50k worth of virtual items are handing round the hat to raise $800.

10. What an EXCELLENT idea!
    Im heading there and donates what I can, it would be 100ped stacks or so.

United we are STRONG!

11. [​IMG]

12. Ok correct me if I'm wrong... But some people (With big disposable income or the wouldn't be able to afford these items) lend out their stuff to a person, this person has given out his login details to another person (And Gold card numbers I presume) and said person has run off with the uber items.

Who are we taking to court and for what?
    Make it simple and to the point because I am confused :headscratch:

13. As far I have understood sofar... And sorry if Im wrong.

Spin Rep Pitts items was borrowed by Rilort

Rilort had two person able to login to account, the lawful owner of Rilort account had given login details to someone else.

Rilort and Rep has tried to get items back for a while, with no luck.

Lawsuit is prepped - and for that I decided to donate to help my friend Rep get his shit back or at least.. Some.

14. So YOU are the one we should donate to?

Who are you anyway?

Sorry, but i'm out...
    *Shakes head with laughter*

15. Thanks, but this is the bit that bothers me... So 3 people have login details to 1 account, but surely there is only one gold card for that account, who is giving who the numbers :headscratch:

16. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

I am also pretty confused! If you have this much on your account WHY oh WHY would you ever EVER share your account details with anyone!!! And as RC says, what about the GC codes????

weird weird...

:dunno::confused:

17. Stave

Stave Guest

idk about you, but to me this threah has potential scam written all over it.

18. Rilort is, as account holder, responsible for what happened to the borrowed items.

The only person you can take to court is Rilort. Full stop.

Rilort in turn can sue whoever he gave access to his avatar
    (and the first law suit would be on hold until his one is resolved)
    but after all, he'd be the one to be held responsible for the scammed items. (after all, he AUTHORIZED the scammer to do with his account... whatever!)

The gold card codes bring an interesting twist to the situation, and i guess i am not the only one who sees some parallels to Mudkicker and his imaginary cousin.

19. Shadowsong

Shadowsong Collateral Damage

This is starting to feel like a nigerian e-mail.
    Seriously , "Give me $800 so I can get my $50K" ? I know it's not Spin asking here, but the whole thing leaves a bad taste.

I'm afraid I shall have to tell the victims what every noob hears when they're scammed :

You have learned a valuable lesson, next time you'll be more careful.

Now, can we please get the Ferraris out of the soup-kitchen parking lot?

20. CycoKick

CycoKick Notorius cK

Nigerian scam references are completely out of place.

The store is owned by squallx, and peds are given to rep by him.

Old times that have gear dont neccesarily have large disposable incomes.
    Not to mention this is a intiative not intiated by Rep, but by entropialaw to create a precedent. Which is indeed a very good motive and would greatly benefit EU as a whole..

Noone ever had acces to reps account, Its Rilort who claims he shared his account with sumah, and sumah ran off with the items.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.