Entropia News: Developer-Notes--8

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Developer Notes #8

Limited/Unlimited Item Balance

In order to improve the balance between limited and unlimited gear, MindArk has been refining the rate at which unlimited items gain tier levels. This effort has resulted in a decrease in the number of uses required for tier increases, especially at higher tier levels. Further reduction is planned in several steps during the next few version updates, allowing the MindArk design team to monitor and implement incremental changes while reducing the risk of disrupting delicate item market values.

To further improve balance between limited and unlimited items, the consumption rate of enhancers attached to unlimited items will be reduced by 50% in Version Update 14.7, currently scheduled for May 13.

Account Liquidation Auctions

A special liquidation auction of items from terminated accounts will be listed on Friday, April 25 and Monday, April 28.

The following items will be listed on the Planet Calypso section of the Entropia Universe auction by the avatar MindArk Official Liquidator for a period of 7 days, with a starting bid of 1 PED.

Group A - Friday April 25

71ng1ciuu4nc7dq1278ej8apmey8lmw.jpg 7bwrdcjw0jibte3eosrkmdfrtbizlpy.jpg lqphqo25o24yx0ez7ntl4kmk10rpzon.jpg lbk4yn9cm7xvhgksaeo87brbehmnd6t.jpg g8go724qsl6xduf7hrigduyrljjqbaw.jpg i6923zy6zlbnu3qaaafjryvvecnqhro.jpg
    • Improved A-3 Justifier Mk.II
    • Shadow Harness (M)
    • Shadow Helmet (M)
    • Shadow Gloves (M)
    • Dagger Of Despair
    • Omegaton A203

Group B - Monday April 28

9rr7p1a2e7jltacyqkv01ilzvxcmhzw.jpg r0v0motnse8qfp7a9ldouivcp66lwwe.jpg lucw67xatlwhjaciril1xy2qi02ifw8.jpg rwauyk9kt1hlabcgwbnp6ph6bv5eivp.jpg qrv56j62ibpqy5virdul8y9tsj0hwc9.jpg qyxiv6juxkvqadogeko8jclovj75ish.jpg
    • Modified Omegaton Fast Aid Pack
    • Shadow Arm Guards (M)
    • Shadow Shin Guards (M)
    • Starkhov AS-98
    • Ancient Omegaton M2870
    • Laganaus Arms Personal Cannon

Source

All developer notes: Developer Notes

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2018
  2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

To quote Jenny Ferr over at Arkadia Forum
    I do not want to post negative stuff about MindArk or EU, but to be honest stuff like this makes it very hard not to. The accounts are MindArks and not Calypo's, so they should be put on global auction.

3. narfi

narfi Lost

Looking good for my blades ;)

4. Tass

Tass Administrator

The terminated accounts are probably accounts from before the planets era and as such assigned to Planet Calypso. So I think it is absolutely correct to auction the stuff on the Calypso auction.

Of course you can find it questionable that all accounts from before the planets age are automatically Planet Calypso accounts instead of neutral accounts or without giving people a chance to choose a "home planet".

But what I think is definitely wrong is the fact that the auction is obviously considered a MindArk action, by "MindArk Official Liquidator", and promoted on the official developer notes. Correct would be one of the following options:
    • accounts assigned to Planet Calypso are terminated, items are auctioned on Planet Calypso auction, by Planet Calypso personnel with official Planet Calypso accounts, the procedure incl. the reasons why it's done exactly this way is announced on official Planet Calypso media, all income is added to Calypso loot pool(s) if those exist,
    • neutral accounts are terminated, items are auctioned on "global" auction (which should have its name changed to universal auction because "global" is actually the wrong term for the feature), that is done by MindArk personnel with official MindArk accounts, the procedure incl. the reasons why it's done exactly this way is announced on official universal media, all income is added to the universal loot pool if it exists or distributed among all loot pools if those exist
    Shouldn't be that hard actually...

5. It could be so simple that a MA avatar have the items and will put them on auction, but it's not possible for an avatar to put items on the global auction so they take the one with most players. But I agree, they should be on the global.

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I don't think it really matters or is any of out business either. Correct me if I am wrong but these are all Calypso items I think hence it makes sense they get auctioned on Caly. Additionally to have these items it is most likely the account being liquidated belongs to a Calypsian. Furthermore if I was having my account being liquidated I would choose Calypso simply cause there are more people there. Global is something that needs to be deliberately looked at iirc so actually may see quite a small audience as not everyone sees these dev notes and therefore would not know to look there.

What I think is more interesting is the question of why an account of someone with such a large investment is being liquidated? It can't be a gracious departure from the game cause, if so, this person would simply do their own auction. Much like Jamira has been doing, thus paying the auction fees and advertising fees, should they choose to use screen advertising system in game and this would generate revenue for MA.

There is also the question of who gets the cash in this case. MA only guarantee TT value of account so an auction of this type must be for MA/the player base's sake unless some sort of arrangement has been come to between MA and the player who's account is terminated.

Essentially it seems something must have gone off... I wonder what it was this time...

Wistrel

PS I acknowledge that is also none of our business too ;) but everyone loves a bit of gossip ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. My understanding of this is they only do this for abandoned and permabaned accounts. Only reason someone who invested this mutch would abandon without sellng all is they died. So yea a death or a permaban seems more interesting then at what place this will be auctioned.

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Hmmm a death... I wonder what is next... maybe I should inform MA of my next of kin details in case of a freak accident.

9. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

As I understood it these were all old banned accounts or expired past the 300+day cut off....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.