Daylight savings bug?

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by narfi, Nov 3, 2010.

1. narfi

narfi Lost

I have my forum settings set to Alaska time and automaticly detect daylight savings.

I noticed that posting times are showing an hour off for me, Im guessing it started on sunday but I just didnt notice.

Our time clock at work has the same issue, it was made before the daylight savings date change a couple of years ago, so every fall and spring its off 1hour for a week or two.

I would have thought that vb would have been smarter about it though?

To test it is 2:29pm right now and ill hit submit

narfi

2. narfi

narfi Lost

yep i posted the OP at 2:29 (14:29) but it shows as posted at 13:29

narfi

3. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

time has change fine here in UK. maybe your local OS or browser? you're local machine determines the actual time i think, as its different for everyone. forum will just store GMT.

4. narfi

narfi Lost

yes but it should also convert gmt to local for whatever the user has set for timezone and daylight savings.

daylight savings hasnt changed here in the us yet but the forum thinks because it has for you that it should for me as well.

does that make sense?

there is nothing wrong with the time displayed on my computer it is showing the correct time.

narfi

5. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I think the forum adapts to the local server time. But I do remember having issues with DST years ago when I worked on an application for Shell. DST is always a real pain.

I'll look into this, but I cannot promise I can really do much, as the vB engine handles the time settings.

6. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

ah yes, i see.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.