Planet Cyrene News: Cyrene June 24th 2014 VU Notes

Discussion in 'Planet Cyrene' started by EP-Newsbot, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Planet Cyrene June 24th 2014 VU Notes

New Additions
    Planet Cyrene

Achievements
    - Many of the mission chains on Cyrene will now culminate with an achievement for completing that mission.
    -Achievements are broken down into 5 categories:
    - General
    - Mining
    - PvP
    - Hunting
    - Mission
    - If a player has already completed that mission, there is an Achivement Unlocker Bot at 0x101 Supply Depot that can unlock it for you.

Mining Iron Missions
    - There are 8 new mining iron missions with 6 stages each. The following ores and enmatters are for 1 of the 8 new mission chains:
    - Lysterium
    - Zorn Star
    - Olerin
    - Sothorite
    - Crude Oil
    - Yellow Crystal
    - Orange Crystal
    - Hazy Crystal

The Hub

The Pit is now available.
    - The Pit is the home of the Beast. The beast that can only be summoned by Gladiators (who have registered their Proving Ground Coat of Arms).
    - The beast has a chance to drop blueprints and crafting triggers to make two new Hub only weapons:
    - Fenris Sniper Rifle, a long range, high damage, long reload weapon.
    - Turrellajin's Stalker Blade, a knife that will give additional run speed when equipped.
    - The beast also has a small chance to drop the weapons themselves.

Consumables from Daily PvP Mission Token
    - Daily PvP Mission Tokens can now be used to buy consumables used outside the Hub!
    - Neurobiotic Booster A1 1mg - 1000 Daily PvP Mission Tokens
    - Neurobiotic Booster C1 10mg - 3000 Daily PvP Mission Tokens
    - Neurobiotic Booster M1 10mg - 2000 Daily PvP Mission Tokens
    - Neurobiotic Booster P1 10mg - 2000 Daily PvP Mission Tokens

Changes
    Planet Cyrene

All Imperium Tokens and Zyn'Kimbro tokens will be merged into one token type for all activities on Planet Cyrene: Cyrene Mission Token.
    - There will be no lost PED value in this conversion. If you had 1 PED worth of tokens in a stack size of 200, you will still have 1 PED worth of tokens but now the stack is only 100.
    - All missions that awarded either Imperium or Zyn'Kimbro tokens has been re-balanced to give the correct amount of Cyrene Mission Tokens.
    - No new items will be added to the token vendors during this VU as a precaution with the conversion and make sure that everything goes smoothly.

Loot Waves
    - We've made substantial changes to how loot drops happen on Cyrene (in conjunction with MindArk) to try and alleviate loot dropping in waves. This will be an ongoing process that we will continually adjust as needed.

Teleporter Name Changes
    - The following teleporter names have been changed:

A.R.C. Camp Gamma -> A.R.C. Training Area
    Checkpoint -> Checkpoint Racetrack
    Base Camp Epsilon -> A.R.C. Camp Epsilon
    Base Camp Gamma -> A.R.C. Camp Xi
    Base Camp Oak -> A.R.C. Camp Oak
    n00b Base -> Puny Beach Training Base
    Crater Base Alpha -> Impact Zone I
    Crater Base Beta -> Impact Zone II
    Crater Base Delta -> Impact Zone III
    Crater Base Epsilon -> Impact Zone IV
    Crater Base Gamma -> Impact Zone V
    Crater Base RLRL -> Impact Zone VI
    Crater Base Zeta -> Impact Zone VII

Many of the starter missions (the Rude Awakenings mission chain that starts in A.R.C. Head Quarters) have been streamlined.

Many of the bugged NPCs and warps that were missing/underground should now be fixed.

The following blueprint recipes have been altered to require only one Basic Targeting Chip:
    A.R.C. Special Ops Arm Guards
    A.R.C. Special Ops Boots
    A.R.C. Special Ops Shin Guards
    A.R.C. Special Ops Gloves
    A.R.C. Special Ops Thigh Guards
    A.R.C. Special Ops Helmet
    A.R.C. Special Ops Harness

The Hub

The Reward Token (Lime Green) spawns in the Proving Grounds have been moved and adjusted to allow token spawns to behave normally.

Coming for the Mini Patch
    Planet Cyrene

Metal Textures
    - The ores on Cyrene can now be used as textures:
    Zorn Star
    Kaisenite
    Iridium
    Olerin
    Nosi
    Sothorite
    Leethiz
    Wiley
    Ycyan
    Cyrenium

New Instance - L.U.I.G.I.V.S.
    - Similar to M.A.R.I.O.V.R., this instance is a platformer, however, it has more dangers.
    - Make your way blindly through a damage maze.
    - Move quickly while you are bombarded by gunfire.
    - Leap of Faith, jump to the finish line.
    - To be able to attempt a run, you will need a Jade Fragment in your inventory.

Known Issues
    - The Dragonfly Helicopter can attach but not fire the MMB AS-41 weapon attachment, this will be resolved A.S.A.P.
    - The pink orbs are still visible, this will be fixed in the Mini Patch.
    - Support weapons are not currently working properly, this is a platform issue.
    - The Spear MK. III is difficult to maneuver, this is being looked into.
    - The Spear destroyed model becomes invisible, this issue is being looked into.
    - All Cyrene vehicles (P.I.G.V., Spear, Lancer, Dragonfly) have default sounds, this will be addressed in a future patch.
    - Some Quality Ratings information in blueprint book: A.R.C. is incorrect, and this issue is still being looked into.

Source

2. What does it mean? Isn't the loot drop like wave already before the VU today?

3. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Master Of Entropia

Probably it meens now loot will be more regular and less wavy

4. Tass

Tass Administrator

As far as I understand it's an confirmation that loot tends to drop in waves and they want to decrease the effect = smaller number of waves and/or less "higher" waves = greater distribution of loot drops over time = less gambling.

I think that's a good development.

5. Oh ok, thanks for the clarification, you know English is not my first language :biggrin:

6. Or sad to say, since they now stated it here, Cyrene will be adding loot waves as Calypso so that at the end we will get less loot on Cyrene now? Did Cyrene notes make an error here and posted this? I'm guessing MA may get pissed off with the developers of Cyrene for posting this. Kind of answers some questions now.

7. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Brainstormers Official Brain Glue

I did some hunting on Cyrene after the VU. Some mobs better, some worse, and some no change. In the case of dire weed it is much better. The wave loot was dire weed flaxen and now it drops more evenly than before. Zyn'Dos seem not to have changed, but they really didn't have a mob-specific wave loot item. I have to kill a few more to check this. The mob I would be very careful about now is the Zeladoth. They used to drop perfect hide in waves which more or less meant a global. In the small 100ped hunt yesterday on alpha to kappa no perfect hide dropped, making zeladoths very expensive to hunt.
    On the bright side Cyrene community guy Kris said they will monitor loot drops and make changes in co-operation with MA.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.