Chipping In?

Discussion in 'Guides and help' started by Arden, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Hi All,

I am new to the game and I am wanting to specialize in hunting, I am currently lvl1 in Laser Sniper (Hit) and Ranged Laser (Dmg) and from what I understand I need to get those to at least lvl10 before I can really get started in the game, is chipping in a good idea? how does it work? what kind of cost am I looking at to increase those 2 skills to level 10?

Many thanks!

2. Sounds like a good idea to me and that's what i do, if you want fun then go with hunting but in my view and 2 pecs chipping in is better for the money spent on hunting.

I was level 0 in healing paramedic role and chipped in all the way to level 7 much cheaper than standing and healing in the field.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  3. Hi, how many PED's show I expect to spend getting the above 2 mentioned to level10 + say evasion and anatomy, Im aware that chipping to lvl10 in 2 areas would leave me deficient in skills u learn passively as part of leveling up ? :)

4. That's right some skills are missed due to chipping in i guess its because of the benefit it has with chipping a role directly, can't gain attributes except health with courage chips one side effect with chips too.
    When i was chipping medic i bought 5 x chips can't remember the exact amount of peds but know it was round about 600 - 1000 peds in total that got me to level 8 from 0. but it did reduce my playing time because of my budget i prefer chipping in over playing and having fun but when i reach my desired level i will then play for fun rather than skills investment.
    I Just find it easy to chip at those levels until my desired goal is reached i think its more cheaper for my budget my play style is some what different than others.

I would gather data and info from others before you make a decision to make sure it is what you want to do and if it would benefit a person, every one has a a different view and play style.
    Have not logged into game for a month so my mind is a bit foggy, right now i have other projects that come first..

5. narfi

narfi Lost

http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php
    http://jdegre.net/pe/scanner/

Looks like from nothing to lvl 10 in ranged laser damage and laser sniper hit would cost you about 300ped after markup. (150 each)

When using the tool i linked, realize that the lvl numbers omit the decimals, so to chip into lvl 10, you would enter 1000 as your target level.

Also it seems that it doesn't work for skills with 0 points in them, so put 1 in all the skill boxes before you start.

I would probably recommend against chipping from 0-10. that is the cheapest learning period you can have.
    If you have a RL friend to teach you, or if its your second avatar (remember MA only allows you to have one avatar at a time) then it would be ok to chip in the beginning lvls.

But overall when learning you are going to make mistakes, and mistakes cost money. Playing level magnifies both profits and losses depending on how you play, so its best to make those mistakes while learning with less risk at a lower lvl of play.

Thats my openion anyways :)

gl however you decide,

narfi

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Don't chip in... Those chipping out will tell you that's the way to do it, but don't believe em... unless you really know what you are doing it's only going to cost you more and more ultimately since each chip will have markup on it vs the cheaper cost you'd have skilling up over time, etc. However, in some cases it can work well.

Study entropedia and figure out exactly what mobs you want to hunt and which weapons you will need to hunt them, etc. Copy/paste all of entropedia's charts in to open office or excel and sort to your heart's content... Do the same with other types of information sources like the wiki here on entropiaplanets.

Now determine which level you need to be to get max hit ability out of that weapon, etc. Then think about how much it'll cost you to chip up to that level and if it's really worth it, etc. Study professions and determine exactly wish skills play most important role in what you want your profession to be... It's really important when you want to chip in to determine for yourself what your goal is. Don't just chip in to chip in... chip in because you have a goal to get to level x in profession y so you can use weapon a on mob b in LA C where maturity is D, and know for sure exactly which coordinates the spawn are on that LA, etc. Don't just assume entropedia is telling the truth about everything... study the game with your own eyes as well and make well informed decisions. I'd suggest playing for 1- 3 months or so without chipping in to learn the basics...At the very minimum get every tp on the planet on your own (without having someone fly you around all over since that takes away a bit of the fun of exploring).. do take a vehicle and/or some tp chips to get you out of sticky situations if you solo tp run though.

then if you still want to chip up do it! :)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.