Planet Calypso News: CalyNET: RISING MENACE IN ATLAS HAVEN!

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by EP-Newsbot, Nov 25, 2015.

1. The recent spate of concerted attacks indicate that the enemy’s attention is fixed on Atlas Haven.

The fortified town was secured in the skirmish last weekend, but local residents are certain that hostilities are on the rise.

The following is a transcript of an interview taken from a trader living in Atlas Haven.

This person wants to remain anonymous.

Something strange is happening around Atlas Haven.

We’re still doing a good trade here, but visitors come in and get out as quickly as they can. It’s like they don’t want to stay here too long. It’s almost as if… I don’t know. As if they’re afraid.

There have been more...well...‘sightings’ are what I suppose you’d call them.

I don’t want to exaggerate anything. We’re still here and we’re still going strong!

But all the same...people have been hearing strange noises all around the perimeter. A deep rumbling followed by a high-pitched chitter. A bit like a cricket, they say. But not quite. Not like any animal noise.

My brother says he heard it when he was driving back from the mines. Gave him a searing headache, he said. And he’s not sure, but he thought he saw a flash in the undergrowth. Like sunlight on metal.

It’s worrying.

All the sightings seem to come from the west. From Hadesh—

[stops speaking suddenly]

[long pause follows]

...well, you know where I mean.

The defences are in a bad state, and they’re getting worse. The gun turrets are becoming unreliable! Just the other day I had to shoot a Faucervix that somehow managed to slip through the net.

Where the hell are the CDF soldiers when you need them, that’s what I’d like to know! Worse than useless, they are. You see them walking around like they own the place, but they don’t do anything to help! It’s like they don’t care at all!

We were one of the first camps to settle on Eudoria. We’re true colonists. We’re brave, and we’ve always held our own. We’re ready for anything. But all the same, I think we need some help. We’re on our own out here without any...

[rumbling noise in background]

...Sshh! Be quiet….

….Did you hear that?....

All colonists are urged to be on alert.

Source

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.