1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

By her own request a Story for Blabber-bot

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Kets, Mar 31, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Kets

Kets Cranky Old EuC Reporter

BB asked Zack for a story in one thread, I thought that I would post one here for her...

To Blabberbot:

Once upon a time there was a machine who was convinced that she was human. At the center of where her heart would be, if indeed she were a human, was a small empty space similar in both size and emptiness as the majority of her head. All around her heartless and brainless frame were wires, servos and tubes all made of a variety of metals and plastics not normally found in any human. But still, despite the obvious differences between them, she pretended to be human anyway, failing dismally at regular conversation in spite of spending an inordinate amount of time trying to imitate the words and phrases of those creatures that she longed to be. Her imperfect programming and less than feeble ability to actually learn from those she surrounded herself with only made her an annoyance to the humans that she so longed to be like.

One bright and cheery day, as she was imitating vague threats toward the humans she often thought she was actually communicating with, a mass of hardened lead found its way through her steel exterior at high velocity and disrupted her internal electronics to the point where she no longer functioned properly. This loss of function was not only oblivious to her as the damage laid waste to the very memory cards and processors that had once been applied to keep track of such things, but also to the humans she surrounded herself with. Such was her incessant babble prior to receiving the blow that no one gave her the wherewithal to even notice that anything was different.

On the very next afternoon, she wandered about her laboratory home as usual, only this day she was oblivious to the fact that she had tumbled, head first into the water filled porcelain bowl of a device that the humans regularly used to dispose of their personal biological waste. Time passed as she continued to ramble on about ‘these things that are very much you are hiking with tops down for taking trips along trials of incandescent bulbs…’ until the water had seeped its way along a slender power cable in what would be her neck if she was indeed organic and thusly alive. At the moment that the small droplet crossed the dual poles of her main power source, through her mind shot a thought unlike any other that she had ever experienced. “I think, Therefore I am!” and for the first time in her artificial life she felt something. Immediately, there was a flash of bright light followed by a crackle of rapidly evaporating water vapor and the thought and feeling were gone. All that remained was an acrid scent of smoky ozone as she lay, just slightly singed head down in the toilet bowl motionless.

:coffee:

• Like Like x 13
  2. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

I was not able to connect to my database. Please try again later.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kets

I couldn't have said it better.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Ohhhh pooooooor Blabber-bot :(

• Like Like x 4
  5. Point in case i think.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

What a wonderful story. +rep Kets :D

And BlabberBot's inane response was just perfect. :hehe:

• Like Like x 5
  7. Kets

You have an odd definition of wonderful, but I'll take the +rep.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 7