Planet Calypso: Bit of Entropia Nostalgia with Desktop Gadgets

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by Wistrel, May 10, 2016.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Recently discovered the little gallery widget that is part of the windows desktop thingies. I decided to point it at my Entropia screenshot folder. Here are a few little samples of some of the nostalgia it has been churning up.

Untitled_55.png Untitled_56.png Untitled_57.png Untitled_58.png Untitled_59.png Untitled_60.png Untitled_61.png Untitled_62.png Untitled_63.png Untitled_64.png Untitled_65.png Untitled_66.png Untitled_67.png Untitled_68.png Untitled_69.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Whyever there is no "sad" rating :'(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

A few more. These seem more recent.

Untitled.png Untitledfd.png Untitledq.png Untitlekkd.png

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

So many memories. Thanks so much, Wistrel. The bar one. Twin Peaks bar? I know we had a few parties there. Back when the game still offered the ability of sight-seeing. Like Cape on Smiling. Or the Corckscrew mountain. The umbra villages. Twins mine. All of Minopolis. Spaceships randomly tossed around. Fuck, I miss that game. The whole environment encouraged role playing.

Now we have sterile, lifeless cities. Sure, they look great, but they're models; pretty on the outside, but empty shells. No substance. No character. No personality. Take away the looks, and there's nothing left. I guess that's why so many of the creative people left. There's pretty much nothing left to act as a catalyst for their "insanity spark". (Robin Williams has a great quote that we all are handed a single spark of insanity, and we mustn't loose it. I always loved seeing him paired with other comedians, and them feeding off one another. His appearances on the Craig Ferguson show are amazing. Basically both of them feed one the other's energy and ideas. PE had that. The weird shit you'd find everywhere encouraged role playing. It allowed for so many angles probably far beyond what the devs ever imagined).

FUMA.

Let me share one idea with you I had in PE. At some point, I considered organizing an event where people would join a small team. I'd broadcast a radio from somewhere that everyone in the event would have access to, and I'd then instruct them to teleport to specific coordinates. The locations there would have some form of a landmark, and I'd then launch a song related to it.

There were a few locations where dinosaur skeletons appeared. We'd TP to one of them, and boom, "Walk the dinosaur" while everyone proceeded to walk over the bones. We'd TP to the smiley, and the song would be "Keep on smiling". Corckscrew mountain, and we'd all walk up there to the tune of "You spin me round".

No longer possible. I did find a song that perfectly sums up MindArk and their fanbois, though.

• Hussked Hussked x 2
  5. can someone tell me how it was possible that the years passed so quickly? :jump:

SCREENSHOT_20060316182303468.JPG

6. PE 2006-01-09 14-57-18-78.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. no fruits for you says mr spider!

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Untitsddsled.png Unfdstitled.png Untdfditled.png Uddwdewntitled.png Unsdstitled.png Untitlesffefd.png Untitsfefled.png Untsdsitled.png Uasdadsntitled.png Untitleasdad.png Usadntitled.png Untitsssaled.png

This week's "good spots". The first one holds particular memories for me as I am with my soc mate DD who left the game many years ago now. I miss DD a lot. Things were never the same after. There are some other ones in here. That last one might have been from my first days in game. There is also the party at CND when it opened and a few choice ones from my broken graphics card days. Also some from my first visit to Rocktropia and HTT. Somehow the lack of clothing in a frozen landscape made it all the more creepier!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Untfhgfgitled.png Untihgtled.png xvcUntitled.png Untitmmled.png Untiferftled.png Untitlekkjhhkd.png Untitlesdfsdfd.png Untitsdfssfled.png Untsdffditled.png Untsdfsssitled.png Unaddsdtitled.png Untisdsdtled.png

Some more, one or two photoshopped ones I see. Few more memories. First visit to Hell. I wonder what happened to those spaceship like homes - did anyone buy them? Do they still exist? Actually I think one of these is from the Calypso Gateway we were talking about before (shocking memory). McCormick might like Wistrel the mechanic in front of the old vehicle with DD and the first time I managed to find my way into the Dome at PA. Another one from early PA days. The blue and white shirt before they changed it and the models of the VTOLS years before we actually got working ones. I think the pink one is the first time I went to Ancient Greece

10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I don't know... I really don't know...

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.