AVI compression tools for use with video files created by FRAPs.

Discussion in 'Guides and help' started by Viperstrike, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Hi All,

I need some advise again on using FRAPs, actually on the AVI files they create.

The .AVI files FRAPs create are huge, 1 Gb per 30 seconds of video recording.

What would be a good program to use to compress AVI files down in size ?

Also any video editing tools that are recommended would be appreciated.

I have no problem in buying registered copies of programs if they are the better to use :)

Thanks again,
    Viper

2. So far I have downloaded and installed this free package of codecs:

http://www.mediaplayercodecpack.com/

Now I need a good compression toolset and something to do basic video editing with.

3. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

I have been using a program called Super. And so far it works great

Send using Tapatalk

4. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Right now, I'm just using the Windows MovieMaker software that came with my computer, and after I finish creating the video, I do the download to my computer into a file titled "Completed Videos" - it compresses it automatically, and then there's no issue using that file to upload to YouTube whatsoever.

The file folder you use to do frequent saves to while creating the video is different than the "Completed Videos" one, and after you've "downloaded the video to your computer" into the "Completed Videos" file folder, that file is compressed and ready to use with YouTube. :)

Hope that helps too, but it's cool being introduced to the other softward as well, so thanks to those making suggestions.

5. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

yep free and works really well, has lots of presets you can use, or you can make your own preset, or change it every time, whatever you like.

6. I know a tutorial which introduces three methods to compress AVI files:

Method One: Adjust Video Bitrate
    Method Two: Decrease Video Size
    Method Three: Convert Video to H.264 MP4

Go to the tutorial to get more detailed information.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.