Entropia News: Avatar-System-Update

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Please find below 3 posts with avatar system updates in the order of occurence.

Meanwhile the official avatar creation video became available:

----

Due to several issues related to the new avatar system and avatar creation interface, we’d like to inform all participants that they will have another opportunity to redo their avatar appearance after the VU patch scheduled for early next week.

Below is a list of currently known avatar system issues. Please do not submit support cases on these issues, as they have already been identified and will be addressed in the VU patch next week. For other issues not listed here, please make an effort to include as much description and information as possible when submitting support cases, so that the support and development teams can better prioritize issues and implement fixes.

Known Issues
    • Locked movement can occur for Body Sculptor Designers after closing the Body Sculpting UI. In such cases a relog will correct the issue.
    • Locked movement can occur when trying to enter avatar creation areas that are full. In such cases a relog will correct the issue.
    • Due to last minute integration issues, makeup masks will not be available in this release. Makeup masks will be activated in the release patch, expected in one week.
    • Makeup masks created during the avatar creation process are not visible in the Start Room, but will become visible again once your avatar arrives on a planet for the first destination.
    • Female makeup masks appear fully decayed when arriving on a planet for the first time. This is a visual bug only, the masks are not decayed.

More:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  2. Avatar System Update

Due to several issues related to the new avatar system and avatar creation interface, we’d like to inform all participants that they will have another opportunity to redo their avatar appearance after the VU patch scheduled for early next week.
    For some other avatar system issues we recommend the following:
    - If you are experiencing frequent crashes, try lowering the graphic settings under Options in-game. Or if all else fails enable "Safe Mode" in the Client Loader.
    - When trying to recreate the avatar, if the sliders don't work as they should, try lowering the resolution via the in-game Options or you can try enabling the "Safe mode" Graphics option via the Client Loader.
    - Other currently known issues have been published here http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/
    We kindly ask you to refrain from sending in support cases regarding the above issues, as they have already been identified and are being looked into.
    We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may experience and appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resolve any outstanding issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
  3. Avatar Update #2

Feedback received through support cases and community forum discussions indicates that several issues related to the new avatar creation system have resulted in many participants finding it difficult to create their desired avatar appearance.
    MindArk wishes to do everything possible to assist participants in achieving their desired avatar look. As such, it has been decided to temporarily allow participants to go through the avatar creation process as many times as they wish. This offer will be enabled when the mini-patch is deployed early next week, and will allow participants to use the avatar creation interface an unlimited number of times for a period of approximately one week.
    Below is a list of currently known avatar system issues. Please do not submit support cases on these issues, as they have already been identified and will be addressed in the VU patch next week. For other issues not listed here, please make an effort to include as much description and information as possible when submitting support cases, so that the support and development teams can better prioritize issues and implement fixes.

Known Issues
    • Locked movement can occur for Body Sculptor Designers after closing the Body Sculpting UI. In such cases a relog will correct the issue.
    • Locked movement can occur when trying to enter avatar creation areas that are full. In such cases a relog will correct the issue.
    • Due to last minute integration issues, makeup masks will not be available in this release. Makeup masks will be activated in the release patch, expected in one week.
    • Makeup masks created during the avatar creation process are not visible in the Start Room, but will become visible again once your avatar arrives on a planet for the first destination.
    • Female makeup masks appear fully decayed when arriving on a planet for the first time. This is a visual bug only, the masks are not decayed.
    • Performance issues with certain graphics cards in areas with many avatars on screen.
    We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work on resolving these issues in the coming days.

Link to original info:
    http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2013/01/23/Avatar-Update--2.xml

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Unlimited times for a week..............lol gonna be more ugly avi's popping up all over the place!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I must be lucky, I have no need to redo my avatar i updated her with the new update today and she looks amazing.

One hot smoking barbie, lol just need to apply glitter and lipstick and a little eyeshadow.

The avatar update is very amazing even better than the pics MA showed us and they have very much improved them
    + rep to MA

Note it was hard to get pink hair tips - they need a better UI for that bit.

6. Where is the pic? :)

7. MA, will the new update fix the lag issues that the new system has. If you say yes, to this, will you give every member 1000ped if they find that your new system is not as you have stated?

Please MA, before you do kill yourself stop and look at what you got and fix it and then as you see that your system is working and members would like NEW features to a already well running system, then think of adding new features.

8. My head's now a balloon and armour shows through my coat if I'm wearing it lol. So we certainly need more AV recreation chances. One day they'll get something right lol ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

WHATTTT!!!??!!! ARE YOU ****MAD*****??!!!!?! stop talking just gibberish man and pull yourself together! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. What do you mean? The new AV creation thing was a complete mess, so we need those recreation chances that MA has said it will give to participants.

11. The update was fine some are lucky to be bug free one way to fix messed up hair is to jump in and out of any transport you have in inventory or a relog.

12. Well my new AV looks nothing like it did in the creation stage - everything's out of proportion and - lets just say that it's a good job I wear a mask otherwise many ppl would quit EU lol! :)

13. Tass

Tass Administrator

Merged the 3 avatar system updates threads to have all info in 1 thread.

14. My new one so far

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

looking good Softy ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Had a second chance to recreate my AV today, and this time it went well - I sort of look normal :rolleyes (2):

17. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Brainstormers Official Brain Glue

Dave's helpful advice for the day - Remake your ava on as many planets as possible and find the best balance. Planet lighting isn't synched. So on Calypso you might be a lightly tanned lady or gent but on Cyrene you will be whiter than snow.

18. Having to remake my AV twice is enough, but if I keep my mask on no one will notice the difference ;)

19. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

leelooooo.jpg

I am quite happy with the result :)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.