Apartment for 45PED, Shop for 90PED

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LordLongLicious, Jan 19, 2011.

1. LordLongLicious

LordLongLicious Do you fear death?

Anywhere on either Calypso, Rocktropia or Next island.

Lets stop what is turning Entropia Universe cities and villages into ghost towns.

Sell your properties for under a 100 PED and you will see people buying and filling up shops on what are now nothing but empty tetric buildings all over this game.

I want to make this game better for all, me included.

Hugs.

2. In case you happen to buy some shops, i/m happy to take them off your hands for 5 times the peds you paid for them, and i'll even fill them up too! :)

3. LordLongLicious

If I have the positive surprise of receiving more than one realistic offer, I will use them in a way that new members can sell their products and to enhance their chances on this game to have positive, interactive and worthy of having, fun.

Definitely not for ubers, as apperently they do not seem to know how to handle them well, as whole towns and malls lay empty so they can think they are playing Neverdie, when they completely lost the plot here. :)

Neverdie expanded this market, he did not strangle it like some people seem to be doing, just food for the thought.

4. safara

safara Pamwe Chete

ND is selling apartments for 45 peds and shops for 90 peds?

5. Thorn

Thorn Proud CND Baby

Nice try and certainly makes sense to me. But alas people play to make profit too and it`s driven up prices. Even though it`s only a few bucks rl money they just are`nt willing to take the loss. But I`m certainly guilty too. I don`t want to part with my apartment for less than half what I paid, which was a fair price then, and I had recently had listed in auction. But if there were an initiative and others were I sure would too.

I`ve always longed to see most players being able to have an apartment and maybe a slightly lesser percentage being able to have a shop. It would be a more vibrant place I think. They should be filled up instead of laying empty. Perhaps real estate in other areas and planets will help with some price correction to make it happen. On the other hand if every noob could get a shop then it might be too much with one after the other filled with sweat and other very low markup goods. People will only search so far for tt food. But at least we could make it so they could afford housing. MA now FPC had a ton of unused apartments that were taken off the market years ago to create a demand. They were most going for around 250PED for comparison.

Then again if we don`t see big influxes of players and owners and investors just sit and sit on this stuff...how long can or will they wait? That may be when we see a move on pricing of any consequence. Time will tell.

6. the real solution is to make shops searchable ingame. something like auction but instead of being able to buy from the interface it just gives you the location of the shop and you have to go and buy it there. I know a mall seems cool to walk around but in the end it just takes way to much time.

7. Talk to FPC... Send in a support case. Right now, there's a LOT of shops and a few other estates that NO PARTICIPANT HAS EVER OWNED! Yes, you read that right. No, I'm not talking about the unclaimed places either. Go to Omegaton and look around at the shops in every building. Click on all the terminals. Every one that thows an error and does not show an owner has never been owned by anyone yet. These are places MA|FPC purposefully left abandoned for some stupid reason... but as the popup that shows up when you TP to Omegaton says, they are planning on adding more utilities in the future. Send them a message in a support case or three that explains you want the estates on the market so that the ghost town feeling does not continue.

8. LordLongLicious

Perhaps we all shoud send a ticket, as just one sparrow does not make a summer.

9. Dab

Dab

Sounds to me like Lord is trying to scam people into selling their apartments and shops for way less then they could normally sell them for.

Pretty shady if you ask me.

I wasn't sure about Lord's intentions, but I went ahead and made a baseless accusation anyway.

See what I did there?

10. LordLongLicious

Are some people really willing to go that low for something that not only is being stalled and overpriced, but also is nothing but virtual? its only a game, Dab:

Sounds to me that Dab is trying to keep scamming people by keeping prices high on the hundreds(?) of empty apartments and mall shops.

Perhaps you shoudnt make such assumptions Dab, because not only such can make you umpopular, since you are aware it is not a precise but merely an assumption and yet, you did it anyway :), but people also may think you are a slanderer, just saying.

it is only a game, for pits sake.

11. Dab

Dab

Whoosh.....

I guess I was being too subtle for you.

Slander ;)

Slander like this bit of pretentious tripe you posted maybe?

Or this gem:

You seem to be a little judgemental with not much knowledge of what you are talking about. I was just pointing this out to you and you pretty well confirmed my point with your response.

12. Nobatti

Nobatti Guest

I think lord long is just trying to bring some sanity into the whole thing. yes, we all know that everyone paid x for their whatever some time ago, etc. and they don't want to take a loss. We also know that towns and such are empty and useless. the idea here is that if properties were reasonably priced, maybe lots of folks would take an apartment, visit them frequently, maybe use the shops located nearby, etc.

I, for one, am a homeless entropian. I would really like to have a place to set down my stuff, maybe relax and enjoy the view, visit with a few friends. And you know, now with the fee gone it's much more possible, but at the current market rates it's just not in the stars.

So, again I add my name to the roster. pm me with an offer for an apartment on calypso at a reasonable price and I'm there.

edit: O and Dab, i do agree about some of those quotes you grabbed there, and initially was having a similar reaction until I thought about this whole real estate problem we have and it makes a lot of sense. I mean really, so you got an apartment some time ago for what 500, 800? are you using it? do you have neighbors? is it really worth anything at the present moment?

13. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Southern Fortress Engineering

Come on guys... who in their right mind that's paid even only 1,000 ped for a shop, would want to sell it for 100 ped? When there's a buyer that might be prepared to pay them 1,000? What you're effectively asking for is free money.

I agree wholeheartedly that the shops need whatever they can get to flourish (and a recent move in that direction was the abolition of estate fees), but asking people to sell out for a tremendous loss is not the way.

We also certainly do not need MORE shops, either. That should only happen when the current ones are close to full!

What we need is the ability to rent the deeds out to people, and for mall owners to take an active hand (and be empowered by the system to do so) in making them vibrant places to be.

14. Nobatti

Nobatti Guest

Some good points Tim. It is kind of harsh to look at a loss of like 900 on a shop (And that would be the low end, lots of shops were bought in the 8-12 k range I'm sure). Does seem hard to swallow a loss like that all at once, But i think that most all active ava's have been in the process of loosing 900 ped gradually over the past few months anyway thru one of the classic methods. And I think shops can stay as they are, ur right we don't need more shops full of assorted crappy looted stuff. There are a few shops which are worth going to, the rest , meh. I'm talking about the most worthless stuff, apartments. Wouldn't it be better if we were able to give all us homeless folks a place to hang our hat?

15. LordLongLicious

tim,

You may be talking about Port Atlantis, New Oxford and Twin Towers when you say that "all" malls are full, are there other places than those 3 malls where it is full house, I would like to know.

That would have been a valid argument only IF there are buyers willing to buy, for what I see on the auction listst many of the shops offered there end up with no bid because the price already starts too high.

Why try to attack me for pointing out the exploitation you were in fact a victim of?

Serious, to insist on the cycle of abuse just because you were abused yourself is no real excuse, you do realise it, right?

And if you check my other posts I already stated why the prices of shops on PA, NO and TP might be justified (however not in other places) so I really fail to see logic on your argument.

I have checked one of my last comments, where I stated that there would be hundreds of empty spaces, well I checked again, my bad, there actually thousands of empty places, and as somebody else stated, many of them have never even been put to sale(!).

So what is going on.

And for those who are clearly not willing to help, please step aside and let those who are willing speak, avoid trolling.

Prices will go down one way or another as NOBODY IS REALLY BUYING ANYTHING because of the coo-coo prizes, because either they are bought back by the owner who throws the price way over the roof on the empty hope that some idiot will bid higher what usually kills off the active 1ped at a time bidding, or the auction time just expires without any bid, because the first bid is already too much and nobody wants to bid.

Not to mention the active bidding on the appartments that are being offered by realistic prizes that die out when some jackass comes along and raidses the bid from for instance 89ped to 300ped ...

(perhaps the owner? a friend of the owner? a made up third or fourth avatar? It does allow suspicion as the person could just bid 1 to 10peds more, who throws money off the window like that?)

I am just speeding up the process of the exposure of a scam, because I want to make a thriving community out of this game, I thought this was clear.

16. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Southern Fortress Engineering

lol looks like I wasn't very clear with what I said, though I thought I was! I'll try to explain myself :)

This is an example of a number. Most shops are worth a bit more than that - even your basic 20-item-point-booths tend to go for a couple thousand ped. I paid 1,000 ped for one of my two Billton towers apartments a couple of years ago, and I don't look like being able to get that back for it any time soon. But what are my options? To use it for storage, to try and sell it for as much as I can get (500-900 ped perhaps?), or virtually give it away to someone who wants a really cheap shop for 100 ped? Well, I'm all for charity, but not here, to people who can afford a computer and have time to play on it and the opportunity to deposit 100 ped!!!

This is why I said that selling for 100 ped is not a solution. I don't understand what it would achieve. Does the guy who wants to pay 100 ped have more to offer the universe than the guy who pays 1,000 ped and wants to hang on to it or wait for the right price or something?

Plenty of mall shops have sold well in excess of 30,000 ped, and a few much higher than that as far as I know.

Yeah I like your thinking. There are WAY too many apartments. Instead of releasing 500 at once, they should have released only a small supply to keep up with demand. The other thing is that there is no economy-based advantage to owning an apartment (apart from the extra storage perhaps, or spending another 3k ped to put a shopkeeper in there and hope someone walks in and buys something one day!). If there was something else to be gained from owning an apartment, so that your average player really wanted one and was prepared to pay for it, that would make a massive difference.

I guess what I'm thinking is if your pet was better if it had a kennel in a private home, or if there was a "tiredness" level similar to health, that repairs over time, but a lot quicker if you put your avatar to bed in the apartment, that kind of thing. Where there's an economic reason to own the place. The ability to rent it out would be good too... put up partitions and let ten different people sleep there and charge them rent? Who knows?! The economy could engage the apartments instead of leaving them behind, like the REAL world where you NEED a place to live. That would change everything.

As far as giving everyone a place to hang their hat is concerned - I like the idea of a basic small apartment (30 items points or so) to hang your hat, in a block somewhere, that are all the same - like your n00b orange clothes and your sweating tool - everyone gets one and it's free. Then give all other estates extra functionality so that there's still a reason to pay for them (not least to upgrade your image, just like a n00b wanting to get better clothes, but at least he never had to run around naked).

LordLongLicious: firstly, I didn't mean to attack you, and I apologise if it came across like that. I simply find it highly unlikely that your hopes will be fulfilled, for good economic reasons (the very same reason that harmony made that offer to you in the second post of this thread, an offer I'd happily make as well). I could have been more polite. Sorry.

It seems what you thought I wrote, and what I was trying to say, are opposites! Here's what I wrote:

In other words, there ARE a lot of empty shops. I don't think any more shops should be released UNTIL the existing ones are full, which I agree with you - they currently aren't :)

There will almost always be a buyer at the correct price (unless it's like Detroit at the moment where you can't sell a real house for 50 cents!). If the most anyone can get for an apartment at the moment is 100 ped then fair enough, that's what will happen. However, it's pretty clear that they DO sell for more than that (otherwise you wouldn't have to ask for a price drop), therefore we must conclude that there are buyers willing to buy. The auctions that are passing unsold that you're seeing, are very much the sign of a buyer's market. I have no problem with your conclusion that values are lower at the moment. I disagree, however, that they've gone as low as 100 ped.

How about an example?

Let's say I paid $400,000 for my house in real life, and now I wanted to sell it, but because the economy isn't doing very well, unemployment and inflation have increased, consumer confidence it lower and people are choosing to save rather than spend, there are less people trying to buy my type of house at the moment, so there's nobody out there willing to pay me $400,000 for it. So I put it up for sale at $380,000. Still nobody buys it. Do I conclude that it's only worth $40,000? Certainly not. I find out about some recent sales (which might be at say $350,000), and that is the range I should be looking at. I may then decide not to sell, because I can't get what I need. Make sense?

I think that's a pretty loaded question, containing a flawed assumption. First, you're assuming that I agree with you that there's exploitation happening. Second, you're assuming I feel I'm a victim of it. Neither of those are true, so I can't really answer the question.

For example, nobody forced me to pay 1,000 ped for a Billton Towers apartment 2 years ago. Nobody was exploiting me. It's simply that that's what I thought it was worth. Since then, demand has dropped off and the price with it. Perhaps you can explain to me what this exploitation is that you speak of?

Cycle of abuse? Not really sure what you're talking about, and I'm certainly not insisting that anyone abuse anyone else!!!

Lord, I didn't see any mention of abuse or exploitation in your OP. I saw mention of ghost towns. I don't believe that's a result of exploitation. I believe it's a result of a more complex array of things (not least of which was the GFC!!!!)

My argument was essentially that we should NOT expect existing estate owners to sell their properties to you for far less than they paid, because it would cost them money. I said this is effectively asking for free money. Which part of that doesn't make sense?

I made some suggestions at the end of my post and have made more in this post, so I don't think I'm trolling. If this WAS directed at me, please let me know and I'll unsubscribe.

I've always thought this is simply because the 300 ped person knows the bidding's going to get there eventually, so he's just taking a shortcut so as not to waste everyone's time. Would you honestly prefer that person to bid you all the way up there 1 ped at a time and THEN disappoint you?

I, too, want to contribute to a thriving community in this game (if you don't believe me, have a read of the website of the armour shops that myself and three friends run, Southern Fortress Engineering and check out our mission statement). However, I don't believe there's a scam to be exposed first. Perhaps you should elaborate on that if you want people to jump on board with it.

17. LordLongLicious

Eek! too long a text! :)

Elaborating the term scam as you asked, and it amazes me you do not seem to be familiar to the term if you trade on this game:

I believe that "scam" and "scammer" seems to be a ingame term that refers to players or investors on EU who want to rip people off by overpricing something, with this ingame terminology in mind, what else to call it when:

1) they are not putting for sale many apartments if not shops, in Omegaton something as someone else posted, many of the apartments have never been put to sale, and that was years ago they were built was it not? We both seem to agree on that.

2) Prices are being kept artificially high and natural bidding is being killed by one overbid by avatars nobody ever heard of that only seem to exist for a few weeks.

3) Whole or almost whole floors if not entire buildings, seem to belong to the same people and are being held empty, as they are not even on the auction. And we also seem to agree.

Check the auction, when I last checked, "-" (zero) bids seem to be the rule on all places available at the auction except for one (1!) bidding that was going 1ped at a time (20 people bidding) untill someone threw in hundreds apparently killing the interest because of prices that do not even make any sense.

So a little more than a full page of no biddings and the killing of the only active bidding by throwing into it an absurd value is for me at least proof that the prices are overrated, hence a scam.

So many people wanting an apartment or shop, so many apartments and shops vacant, so little apartments and shops at the auctions and such absurd pricings for both kinds = scam, as I see it.

It just makes me wonder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.