A Comparison of EU Apartments

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Jamira, Nov 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Way back in the past in 2006 I got my first apartment. Pretty good adress: Bilton Towers #3, Apartment 4B. I will never forget this time! It is connected to many good memories. And it was the beginning of my interest in apartments overall. I have had many, many ups and downs since than with all the different apartments I owned. Meanwhile I live at Medusa's Head and am happy with it. Now it's time for a project, scheduled long time ago: Compare the apartments in Entropia Universe.

I will do this slowly. Shouldn't be hard work but fun :)
    First post is an image only. Just to give you an imagination of what this thread deals with:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Looking forward to this. Keep in mind item points, and sun locations in the discussion... Which side the sun is on makes all the difference. I used to own half of a floor in Omegaton... Really amazing how much of a difference a few feet can make in appearances and furniture potential...

3. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I will, because thats what's important for me too ;)
    We will have an addition soon (Okay ... in December). Monria team has tricky plans ;)

As usual ... dont ask for it. I wont tell you more ;)

The plan is: Describe the apartments one by one. Get a final Excel table in the end. With all relevant details. Would that be okay for you?

4. I'm quite proud of my apartment at Medusa so I'll leave this link here ;)

https://db.tt/ybBgXXhI

It's constantly being improved so if you wish to have a peek feel free to visit. North tower floor 03

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Looks very cool indeed !

6. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

You've done an exceptional job of decorating your Medusa apartment Kri, I'm really impressed. I like how organized and functional it appears to be, and the view is great. If Obie and I make it to Calypso, then we'll have to take a trip over there to check it out for sure.

It's very inspiring. :thumbsup:

7. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Hehe nice! I cannot post pictures of my Medusa apartment atm because I robbed it for my Monria apartment ;-)

8. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Back on topic. Let's start with an (incompletely) Excel sheet:
    [​IMG]
    Since most of the apartments in our universe are the "standard" apartments at Calypso I will begin with them. Here isd the original:
    [​IMG]
    I made a rough 3D model of it in my CAD for easy measurement.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Puck

Puck Puck

Yup, this is exceptional work, Jamira. Your mapping has always been such a huge contribution to the community. Now, these diagrams are yet another incredible submission. Much appreciated.

10. RAZER

Jamira, is there any way you can send over that 3D model of the apartment. I'm a 3D modeler for and architecture office and would love to try and recreate one of the Caly apartment buildings.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Sure.
    Question is: wich data format? I got the original in Rhino3D and the (very) rough rebuild model in SolidWorks. I assume you would prefer the original. I can deliver it as Rhino5 model or as OBJ, POV, STL, several other formats ... Just tell me wich format is suitable for you.

12. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Since we already spoke about it ... here comes the Medusa's Head apartment:
    [​IMG]
    This is a good example for wasting the render power of our computers. Compare the apartment to the entrance area. The entrance area is build from thousands of small faces. There is absolutely no need to make such high detailed models! But hey, they don't care that much for it.

Again a very rough SolidWorks model.
    [​IMG]
    Updated Excel sheet:
    [​IMG]
    The tricky part is: You can use the entrance area as well as living room or show room or whatever. Placing items there counts to your overall item number. Wich is 120! What a bullshit! I asked the support about increasing that number. They told me that I may buy item number improvement.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/estate-development/
    Apartments

• +20itempoints–2,000PED

Youcanplaceyouritemsinyourestate-fordecoration,forsafekeeping,orforsomefunctionalitytheyoffer.Anincreasedamountofitempointsallowyoutoplacemoreitemsinyourestate.

ROFL! I've already paid 5k PED for the apartment. Now I shall pay 2k PED for only 20 more items???? They must be completely maniac!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. RAZER

Easiest for me would be either dwg or dxf, which Rhino should be able to export.

I will not be using the model as is, but use it as an underlay to put walls over, so I have the measurements.

14. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I am not sure if this ancient Autodesk formats will do it. But we can try out.

15. RAZER

as long as it is a 3D dwg I should be OK

16. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Oh ... I made a 3D DXF - ROFL! Guess that would fit to your reqirements. Why do you work with software from 18th century?

17. RAZER

LOL, I work with REVIT, which is very cutting edge, but for my purpose a simple 3D model is enough. I'll work on it a bit tonight and show you what I have,

18. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

You see the first picture with the overview of several apartments? I will upload the model as 3D DXF to my place and give you the link. Can we hide this talk?

... not the current Monria apartments yet ...

19. RAZER

PM send

20. RAZER

The first bit of my 3D Model

APARTMENT.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.